£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
so we should spend 30m on defoe is what youre saying

No - point here is, the only players who got more goals and assists than Gylfi were some of the best strikers in the league, and Gylfi played in a pretty crap side where he was expected to defend a lot more.

Didn't Mirallas have like 11 goals and 12 assists 2-3 years ago?

2016-17 - 4 goals, 6 assists
2015-16 - 6 goals, 3 assists
2014-15 - 11 goals, 3 assists
2013-14 - 8 goals, 11 assists
2012-13 - 9 goals, 9 assists

So no. Closest he came was 13/14.

Though he was very good in his first three seasons.

As others have said, injuries took away his pace.

I cannot wait for us to get this dude and see everyone's reaction this year when they realize how friggin good he is.
He is the perfect player for Koeman's system. It's why we haven't given up on him despite the 50 mil price tag. I agree with the majority that he is overpriced, but Koeman wants what he wants and I can understand why he wants Iceland.

And he is still the only player that makes those balls to the wall runs right down the middle. Gotta love the Kev

Also that looks to me like you are including 3 FA cup assists and 1 goal? with Sig I'm just talking prem

Also that looks to me like you are including 3 FA cup assists and 1 goal? with Sig I'm just talking prem

I never get this tbh? A goal is a goal and an assist is an assist, in any comp...

But yeh, you're correct, that data is for all comps :)

If we get in this lad and Giroud. For the first time since the 80's we will have a real danger from free kicks and corners whilst also having multiple players who can slot from distance and a true complete centre forward.

Could be a season to remember
Don't forget hinchcliffe putting them in for Duncan in the mid to late 90s

He is the perfect player for Koeman's system. It's why we haven't given up on him despite the 50 mil price tag. I agree with the majority that he is overpriced, but Koeman wants what he wants and I can understand why he wants Iceland.

I'd love to see Kev played centrally a bit more. As long as he has a partner, he's the best option we have as a natural 'second striker' imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back