Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

£40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 open play goals, all on his left. Usually he scores 5-9+ open right foot foot goals per season.

Previous seasons

11/12 = 11 out of 12 goals/assists were in open play (18 apps)
14/15 = 14 out of 17 goals/assists were in open play (32 apps)
15/16 = 12 out of 15 goals/assists were in open play (36 apps)
16/17 = 9 out of 22 goals/assists were in open play (38 apps)

Last season is the only season Sigurdsson hasn't reached double figures in open play for Swansea.

If he scored at least 1 right foot goal in open play last season.. Then he would've reached double figures in that regard. Sigurdsson achieved 22 goals/assists despite suffering 4 management changes last season, and not scoring once in open play on his right. He could've had a 30+ goal/assist season if he was properly utilized.

There's a huge difference between removing legitimate goals or assists, and those two bullshit assists that had nothing to do with Eriksen.

Not to mention that Eriksen assisted one offside goal, and two deflections last season. All of which shouldn't have counted. 15 assists instead of 12, nobody in their right mind can say Eriksen earned them.

I copy/pasted myself because you were making a point that has already been debunked.

Lol, I'm more than aware of WUM's. Heck, I've even been accused of being one myself.

Name a single statistic that has incorrectly presented.

Everybody berates Sigurdsson for having created few open play chances last season, when he only made 1000 passes last season.

Contrast to other Playmakers in the Premier League, Cesc Fabregas made 2800 passes in 2015/16

Sigurdsson is pass-for-pass the best Playmaker in the Premier League.

Gylfi: 1038 passes, 13 assists, 72 chances & 59 key passes.

KBD: 1801 passes, 18 assists, 101 chances & 83 key passes.

Ozil: 2110 passes, 9 assists, 98 chances & 89 key passes.

Coutinho: 1402 passes, 7 assists, 65 chances & 58 key passes.

Eriksen: 1977 passes, 15 assists, 111 chances & 96 key passes.

He requires the least amount of passes per chance or key pass created.

Gylfi: 80 passes per assist, 14.5 passes per chance & 17.5 passes per key pass.

KBD: 100 passes per assist, 18 passes per chance & 21.5 passes per key pass.

Ozil: 234 passes per assist, 21.5 passes per chance & 24 passes per key pass.

Coutinho: 200 passes per assist, 21.5 passes per chance & 24 passes per key pass.

Eriksen: 131 passes per assist, 18 passes per chance & 20.5 passes per key pass.

He does this and STILL leads the PL goals/assists table, 4th in assists, 2nd in goals & 1st in free-kick goals.

Swansea average less possession, defend more, concede more goals, have worse players, worse tactics, go through more managerial changes, and incorrectly utilized their all-time top goal scorer & assister in the PL.

Who in their right mind would play their all-time top goal scorer & assister out of position, averaging 10 passes less per match compared to previous seasons?

Everton already bid a minimum of £40 million + addons.

That's £45 millionish, but Swansea want a flat-out £45-50 million. They're desperately trying to sign someone before letting Siggy go, which is probably holding up negotiations.

Considering the fact that Gylfi chose to train at Swansea rather than leave with the players for the US tour.. Surely he has already made his mind up? I just don't see him wanting to stay after how poorly Swansea have treated him.

He accepted Spurs, rejected Liverpool due to United being his boyhood club.. He doesn't want to play outside the PL because he has said a million times this is the biggest, most important league in the world.

Why should he leave the PL for Dortmund/Roma/AC Milan/Inter?

Sigurdsson is only 26 assists from being in the top 20 all-time PL assists table, which means he will probably finish his career around 5th-10th place on the list.

Gylfi has 42 goals in the PL. 34 of those goals were in 3½ seasons for Swansea. If he keeps up that momentum he'll have about 100 goals in the next 5-6 seasons, putting him in 26th place all-time.

He'll still be playing in the PL at 32-33, with another 3-5 solid years left before he experiences at 38-40 what Rooney/Silva/Iniesta and plenty of other players at 29-31.

Thus there is no logical reason for him to leave the PL, I'd rather see him play for Swansea in the PL than the bundesliga, serie a or la liga.

After all he has been through for Swansea, surely he deserves a few extra million in his pocket for single-handedly keeping Swansea up? I think that's the only reason why his transfer fee is so high.

Sigurdsson last season was occasionally deployed as a LW with free-role to roam anywhere on the pitch. The only problem with this, were his defensive responsibilities on the left flank.

Gylfi can put in a cross or through ball perfectly from either side of the pitch, so he'll always be dangerous regardless of where you position him. Hes without a doubt more effective at AM, CM or CF. I think it's much more likely to see Rooney as a left/right forward than Siggy on the wings again.

But even if Siggy does play LW, it's not like he's completely useless.

What's more important than dribbling past others? Putting in a good ball. On both feet. Cross or through ball.

Jokes aside, Sigurdsson's number is very unclear as of the moment.

His favourite number is 22, which he cant use for the national team because of Eidur Gudjohnsen so he's number 10 instead.

At Spurs he was offered number 10, he declined it for 22.

At Swansea number 22 was already taken by Angel Rangel, and Bony was number 10. So Sigurdsson took Michael Jordan's 23, and declined number 10 once Bony left 6 months later.

It might not seem like such a big deal. But not having number 10, 22 or 23 available means he'll probably go for something like his previous 42/45 or even 99 like you jokingly stated.

I'm practically speechless
This should be required reading for insomniacs

4 open play goals, all on his left. Usually he scores 5-9+ open right foot foot goals per season.

Previous seasons

Last season is the only season Sigurdsson hasn't reached double figures in open play for Swansea.

If he scored at least 1 right foot goal in open play last season.. Then he would've reached double figures in that regard. Sigurdsson achieved 22 goals/assists despite suffering 4 management changes last season, and not scoring once in open play on his right. He could've had a 30+ goal/assist season if he was properly utilized.

There's a huge difference between removing legitimate goals or assists, and those two bullshit assists that had nothing to do with Eriksen.

Not to mention that Eriksen assisted one offside goal, and two deflections last season. All of which shouldn't have counted. 15 assists instead of 12, nobody in their right mind can say Eriksen earned them.

I copy/pasted myself because you were making a point that has already been debunked.

Lol, I'm more than aware of WUM's. Heck, I've even been accused of being one myself.

Everybody berates Sigurdsson for having created few open play chances last season, when he only made 1000 passes last season.

Contrast to other Playmakers in the Premier League, Cesc Fabregas made 2800 passes in 2015/16

Coutinho: 200 passes per assist, 21.5 passes per chance & 24 passes per key pass.

Eriksen: 131 passes per assist, 18 passes per chance & 20.5 passes per key pass.

He does this and STILL leads the PL goals/assists table, 4th in assists, 2nd in goals & 1st in free-kick goals.

Swansea average less possession, defend more, concede more goals, have worse players, worse tactics, go through more managerial changes, and incorrectly utilized their all-time top goal scorer & assister in the PL.

Who in their right mind would play their all-time top goal scorer & assister out of position, averaging 10 passes less per match compared to previous seasons?

That's £45 millionish, but Swansea want a flat-out £45-50 million. They're desperately trying to sign someone before letting Siggy go, which is probably holding up negotiations.

Considering the fact that Gylfi chose to train at Swansea rather than leave with the players for the US tour.. Surely he has already made his mind up? I just don't see him wanting to stay after how poorly Swansea have treated him.

He accepted Spurs, rejected Liverpool due to United being his boyhood club.. He doesn't want to play outside the PL because he has said a million times this is the biggest, most important league in the world.

Sigurdsson is only 26 assists from being in the top 20 all-time PL assists table, which means he will probably finish his career around 5th-10th place on the list.

Gylfi has 42 goals in the PL. 34 of those goals were in 3½ seasons for Swansea. If he keeps up that momentum he'll have about 100 goals in the next 5-6 seasons, putting him in 26th place all-time.

He'll still be playing in the PL at 32-33, with another 3-5 solid years left before he experiences at 38-40 what Rooney/Silva/Iniesta and plenty of other players at 29-31.

Thus there is no logical reason for him to leave the PL, I'd rather see him play for Swansea in the PL than the bundesliga, serie a or la liga.

After all he has been through for Swansea, surely he deserves a few extra million in his pocket for single-handedly keeping Swansea up? I think that's the only reason why his transfer fee is so high.

Sigurdsson last season was occasionally deployed as a LW with free-role to roam anywhere on the pitch. The only problem with this, were his defensive responsibilities on the left flank.

Gylfi can put in a cross or through ball perfectly from either side of the pitch, so he'll always be dangerous regardless of where you position him. Hes without a doubt more effective at AM, CM or CF. I think it's much more likely to see Rooney as a left/right forward than Siggy on the wings again.

What's more important than dribbling past others? Putting in a good ball. On both feet. Cross or through ball.

His favourite number is 22, which he cant use for the national team because of Eidur Gudjohnsen so he's number 10 instead.

At Swansea number 22 was already taken by Angel Rangel, and Bony was number 10. So Sigurdsson took Michael Jordan's 23, and declined number 10 once Bony left 6 months later.

It might not seem like such a big deal. But not having number 10, 22 or 23 available means he'll probably go for something like his previous 42/45 or even 99 like you jokingly stated.

The fact that someone actually knows what number Angel Rangel ( what a name ) wore on his jersey amazes me but what worries me is why you would want to know

Previous seasons

You're obsessing! Take a breath!

Previous seasons

This is what I expect to see on RAWK not GOT

Previous seasons

giphy.gif

You a Siggy fan mate ??
Me too.... But wow, Just wow.

I'm a huge fan of his, and have been for many, many years. So obviously I'm bias.

Watching these two goals live made me never doubt or question his ability ever again.

People act like it is wrong, blasphemous, and sinful to suggest, imply or help other people come to the conclusion that Gylfi Sigurdsson is among the best Playmakers in the world.

None of the other Playmakers have ever or will ever possess Gylfi's shooting or crossing ability. On both feet. Only Fabregas has similar or superior passing ability on both feet out of those players.

Statistics don't lie. He's miles ahead of them in efficiency and doing so with an awful team. When Sigurdsson has gotten 10-13 assists in a season for Swansea in the past, it would've been a 15-20+ assist season for one of the top 6.

Yet people act like he's only getting 10-13 assists because he plays for a bad team? It makes no sense. It's not easier creating chances for a terrible team, when you can get an assist for Kane/Son shooting & scoring out of nothing outside of the box.

Nevermind sig, we need to replace lukaku with a striker

Gylfi 26 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 49 appearances. 53%

Lukaku 25 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 57 appearances. 44%

It's not like Sigurdsson cant player striker either. He has 12 goals/assists in 12 apps as ST/CF/SS for Swansea.

I wouldn't prefer him over Giroud/Benteke upfront, but Gylfi would nonetheless score 15-20+ goals in the league as a striker.

He's just a glorified set piece taker Friend, he played second fiddle to Jonjoe Shelvey

Ironically, Shelvey was on set piece/corner & free kick duty during 2014/15. That's why 14 of Gylfi's 17 goals/assists were in open play that season.

But you're obviously a WUM/Troll/etc but I appreciate you nonetheless! Keep up the good work, sonny.

Hello mate. Fan of your work.

Just wondering when it will be available in hardback?

Requiem for a Siggy, in bookstores near you!

85ENOm0IR_OilS16uyjqtQ.png

I've read books shorter in length ;)

yY5uGlI2Q4SLgx4ZZ5yycg.png

Now that's one fine book!

It's true Mike, Gylfi was Jonjoes biatch

Gylfi got 22 goals/assists last season in the PL, Shelvey had 14 goals/assists in the Championship.

The last time Gylfi played in the Championship, he was 20 years old and scored/assisted 25 goals/assists. Gylfi at 20 was miles ahead of Shelvey.

The fact that someone actually knows what number Angel Rangel ( what a name ) wore on his jersey amazes me but what worries me is why you would want to know

I've watched Swansea for about 3½ seasons now, obviously I'll know what number Swansea's former starting RB is. Just like you know that Coleman's number is 23.

I was 50/50 but this bloke has made me really not want him to sign now. Imagine dealing with @SiggyTheBlue all season. NO TA

That would be implying I have the time and patience to stick around. I'm here to clear up common misconceptions on one of your new signings, and I am more than well aware over the fact that I am not appreciated for doing so. So you don't have to worry about me ''all season'' or at all.

Once Everton fans see how good he is, I wont have any reason to post anymore. You'll be enjoying his goals and I'll maybe look over the threads just to see people like you eating your words.

I'm a huge fan of his, and have been for many, many years. So obviously I'm bias.

Watching these two goals live made me never doubt or question his ability ever again.

People act like it is wrong, blasphemous, and sinful to suggest, imply or help other people come to the conclusion that Gylfi Sigurdsson is among the best Playmakers in the world.

None of the other Playmakers have ever or will ever possess Gylfi's shooting or crossing ability. On both feet. Only Fabregas has similar or superior passing ability on both feet out of those players.

Statistics don't lie. He's miles ahead of them in efficiency and doing so with an awful team. When Sigurdsson has gotten 10-13 assists in a season for Swansea in the past, it would've been a 15-20+ assist season for one of the top 6.

Yet people act like he's only getting 10-13 assists because he plays for a bad team? It makes no sense. It's not easier creating chances for a terrible team, when you can get an assist for Kane/Son shooting & scoring out of nothing outside of the box.

Gylfi 26 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 49 appearances. 53%

Lukaku 25 goals/assists vs the top 6 in 57 appearances. 44%

It's not like Sigurdsson cant player striker either. He has 12 goals/assists in 12 apps as ST/CF/SS for Swansea.

I wouldn't prefer him over Giroud/Benteke upfront, but Gylfi would nonetheless score 15-20+ goals in the league as a striker.

Ironically, Shelvey was on set piece/corner & free kick duty during 2014/15. That's why 14 of Gylfi's 17 goals/assists were in open play that season.

But you're obviously a WUM/Troll/etc but I appreciate you nonetheless! Keep up the good work, sonny.

Requiem for a Siggy, in bookstores near you!

85ENOm0IR_OilS16uyjqtQ.png

yY5uGlI2Q4SLgx4ZZ5yycg.png

Now that's one fine book!

Gylfi got 22 goals/assists last season in the PL, Shelvey had 14 goals/assists in the Championship.

The last time Gylfi played in the Championship, he was 20 years old and scored/assisted 25 goals/assists. Gylfi at 20 was miles ahead of Shelvey.

I've watched Swansea for about 3½ seasons now, obviously I'll know what number Swansea's former starting RB is. Just like you know that Coleman's number is 23.

That would be implying I have the time and patience to stick around. I'm here to clear up common misconceptions on one of your new signings, and I am more than well aware over the fact that I am not appreciated for doing so. So you don't have to worry about me ''all season'' or at all.

Once Everton fans see how good he is, I wont have any reason to post anymore. You'll be enjoying his goals and I'll maybe look over the threads just to see people like you eating your words.

He's gone again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back