Status
Not open for further replies.

thevorpalblade

Player Valuation: £950k
[Moderator edit to include table]

Screenshot 2023-07-27 182608.webp

Source:

I couldn't see this on a thread.

I was pleasantly surprised to see our 'position' in this league.

Then reality set in. We're behind a team that hasn't been in the top flight every season. And we're bottom of those that have.

Sobering.

View attachment 219762

Source:

Then reality set in. We're behind a team that hasn't been in the top flight every season. And we're bottom of those that have.

Sobering.

I think the best way of doing this is working out a PPG and then sticking that in the table. Points alone means nothing for performance to me as, like you say, it's about how many seasons in those 23 you're in it.

I think the best way of doing this is working out a PPG and then sticking that in the table. Points alone means nothing for performance to me as, like you say, it's about how many seasons in those 23 you're in it.

Why wouldn’t you get more credit for being in the Prem?

People can criticise our performance in the Premier League all they want but anyone trying to make out that stints in the lower leagues protects clubs at the expense of us is surely not being serious.

If you win the Championship you've finished 21st. Worse than anything we've done in the last 23 years.

I'd also be interested to see how many top 6 finishes every club has had in that time frame. Wouldn't surprise me if we still came out around 7th.

View attachment 219762

Source:

Sobering.
Good Times!!!!

My first game was in 96 so as a kid I was always jealous hearing about our history of league titles and cup wins from my dad and his mates.
Now the best we can do is stats that show we’re lower top half of total points even though we’ve played 124 more games than the team above us in said league.

Being 7th is no more inspiring than being 14th and Leicester have won a league and an FA Cup in recent history. All this shows is we’re the best losers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back