3 at the back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is you basically exclude wingers from your team. That's why LVG is doing it at utd, their wingers are poop!!

We have good wingers already, with another seemingly on the way. He might do it every now and then but can't see it being the prefered set up.

Tbh I think our set up was great last season. No need to change

Every time we have played it, I haven't been amazed....I think it is a lot harder to perfect, and requires a really really good understanding between centre backs.....I like what we normally do and have Barry drop deep to collect the ball to form a back three...

Would mean we'd need to bring at least 1 more cb in possibly 2 if that was to happen.

Dreadful waste of resources consisting how well or defence preformed last season.

Also people are obsessed with this because Martinez is the manager and he only really used it at Wigan consistently when all his best defenders where out. Similar to van gaal only using it for Holland in the wc because he didn't trust any two alone.

Problem is you basically exclude wingers from your team. That's why LVG is doing it at utd, their wingers are poop!!

We have good wingers already, with another seemingly on the way. He might do it every now and then but can't see it being the prefered set up.

Tbh I think our set up was great last season. No need to change

Exactly what I was going to say, so I'll just quote and agree :)

Oh look another three at the back thread. Yawn

We play very similar anyway, you see barry or gibbo dropping back in between the two center backs and our full backs play in the oppositions half

Baines, Coleman and/or Oviedo have the green light to go forward wherever they want. I don't think its really necessary. Plus the back 4 is the strength of this side, it doesn't really to be messed with. However if you want to try it in preseason, that's what presesason is for.

Every time we have played it, I haven't been amazed....I think it is a lot harder to perfect, and requires a really really good understanding between centre backs.....I like what we normally do and have Barry drop deep to collect the ball to form a back three...

We might play it against big teams that like to play through the middle like City at Home last season but personally I don't like it as a system and Jags seems like a fish out of water when playing it.

Personally I would prefer if we played a diamond in midfield instead for those games and brought on Besic.

Glee1.gif

We might play it against big teams that like to play through the middle like City at Home last season but personally I don't like it as a system and Jags seems like a fish out of water when playing it.

Personally I would prefer if we played a diamond in midfield instead for those games and brought on Besic.

That's what I was alluding to....Anyway, we will never stick to it for the whole 90 mins, but it will always be a part of our repertoire..

Status
Not open for further replies.