4-4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

everythingisgood

Player Valuation: £1m
I liked watching Yak and Johnson upfront together last night. It's clear that AJ performs best in a 4-4-2 and I think they showed some signs of a good partnership.
I'd love to see us play this formation more often but replace Cahill in midfield.
Cahill is one of my favourite players and there is nobody better in that second striker role when he's on the top of his game. I think we need to adapt our formations to suit our opposition- maybe play 4-4-2 home against weeker oppositions or in the first half of games. I doubt it will ever happen, but does anyone else agree?

I think we play are best football in a 4-5-1 formation when pienaar an arteat on the wings, ossie an cars in the middle an cahill just behind yak. Oh ye an manny back in spain(should never have brought him back).

We do need to have a plan B thou if things aint working out.

We are most effective at 4-5-1. Our players know that system and it works well for us. We can always go 2 up top when the need arises

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

The way our defense is playing, it would make sense.

But Moyes is cautious (maybe too cautious) and I wouldn't see him trying that, even with the two away goal lead.

But I like it.

.........................Howard..........................

.........Yobo..........Jags............Lescott.......

.........................Carsley.........................

Arteta.......Osman......Fernandes......Pienaar

........................Cahill..............................

.........................Yakubu...........................

or...

if you're not happy with Fernandes, then put Cahill in his spot and Johnson in Cahill's spot.

Either way, pretty aggressive.

howard
jagielka yobo lescott
neville............................baines
carsley
arteta osman pienaar
yakubu

baines and nevs to provide the width, baines allegedly started out as a midfielder and neville has plenty of experience in midfield - just needs to up the quality of his final ball.

howard
jagielka yobo lescott
neville............................baines
carsley
arteta osman pienaar
yakubu

baines and nevs to provide the width, baines allegedly started out as a midfielder and neville has plenty of experience in midfield - just needs to up the quality of his final ball.

You need to stop playing Champ Manager mate, that wouldnt work

how many has cahill got this season? how many osman? i do actually know so both (questions) arent rhetorical.

didnt moyes play baines in midfield a couple of weeks ago?

why doesnt three at the back work?

how many has cahill got this season? how many osman? i do actually know so both (questions) arent rhetorical.

didnt moyes play baines in midfield a couple of weeks ago?

why doesnt three at the back work?

Cahill has 6 and Ossie 3,

Yes he did play Baines there a couple of weeks ago and he looked totally out of place,
Name me a successful English side to play 3 at the back?

i cant recall exactly, but how did chelsea setup with gullit in the ranks?

how do you define success?

how common was 451 ten years ago? twenty years ago?...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back