6 + 2 Point Deductions

you think we’re getting them back?
Fair trial? Most of them. Show trial? No. Honestly, at this point I think its anyones guess as to whether the PL wants he appeal board to continue to stick it to us, or they are put off so much by the bad attention its gathered that they want to get the government off their backs by giving a bit back by dropping it to 6. I think they care way more about trying to avoid the independent regulator than anything else(even though I think theyve now botched any chance to avoid it).

I read the independent Commission report only a few days ago after someone posted it on here. It depressed the hell out of me as my biggest conclusion was the sheer scale of incompetence from our management and owner. Whilst winning the appeal is important, bringing in professional, qualified and competent people to run the club is our number one priority.
Let’s have it right, we have overspent by 19.5m, sure we can blame the board and signing players etc but let’s just remember they have tried to make Everton decent over the years by signing players. Yes, most of them have been awful but nobody can turn the clock back. I’m sure if we could go back in time we wouldn’t of offered 28m for Bolasie and offered Southampton 30m for Mane, it’s how the cookie crumbles, but let’s not forget Moshiri put his money where his mouth was and unfortunately for him, he failed.

Yes we made poor signings and we still continue to do so, Delle being one of them, but again, nobody knew he would come and be crocked, same as Gbamin. I blame the directors of football more. Steve Walsh, Brands, Thelwell, their role was to highlight players and try and get them. They have all failed but one would argue the jury is still out on Thelwell.

I get the Kenwright criticism, Baxendale after headlock gate but Moshiri. He’s just been guilt of not being a football guy, trying to buy players he knows nothing about and basically just being a fish out of water. He also signed us 50m quid players, Carlo, and has built us a brand new stadium. I think he deserves all of our respect more than anything

Let’s have it right, we have overspent by 19.5m, sure we can blame the board and signing players etc but let’s just remember they have tried to make Everton decent over the years by signing players. Yes, most of them have been awful but nobody can turn the clock back. I’m sure if we could go back in time we wouldn’t of offered 28m for Bolasie and offered Southampton 30m for Mane, it’s how the cookie crumbles, but let’s not forget Moshiri put his money where his mouth was and unfortunately for him, he failed.

Yes we made poor signings and we still continue to do so, Delle being one of them, but again, nobody knew he would come and be crocked, same as Gbamin. I blame the directors of football more. Steve Walsh, Brands, Thelwell, their role was to highlight players and try and get them. They have all failed but one would argue the jury is still out on Thelwell.

I get the Kenwright criticism, Baxendale after headlock gate but Moshiri. He’s just been guilt of not being a football guy, trying to buy players he knows nothing about and basically just being a fish out of water. He also signed us 50m quid players, Carlo, and has built us a brand new stadium. I think he deserves all of our respect more than anything
He also hired Allardyce and Benitez so should never be forgiven.

No.

Big Sam did a job for us. He’s what we needed at the time. Rafael. Yes. Again, a football guy would never ever of signed him.
Nope. We did not need big Sam.

And you say he isn’t a football guy but he had been involved at Arsenal since 2007. He has been involved long enough to understand what it means.

No punishment at all is the only fair outcome. They are literally planning to update their Jurassic rules imminently so no club should be punished on rules that they themselves deem to be out of date and not fit for purpose. Everything should be put on hold until the new rules are in place and then go from there. That is the only fair way forward. You cannot have fairness if you have one set of rules for 18 teams and a different set of rules for 2.
Spot on mate.
Just take them to the high court. Game set and match.

It’s hard to respect a man who’s left us in the mess we’re in. Yes he’s put a lot of money into the club, but he’s appointed countless mangers and DOFs who have squandered our money and left us the state we are in. As it is he’s now trying to sell us to a consortium who won’t have the best interests of the club. It’s hard to fathom who is actually running the club, as all the previous board members left (rightly so).

Nope. We did not need big Sam.

And you say he isn’t a football guy but he had been involved at Arsenal since 2007. He has been involved long enough to understand what it means.
He wasn’t really involved with Arsenal though. The reason he and Usmanov jibbed it is cos they wanted a club with control.

We wish

But you do realise we'd be demonised for bringing the Prem to its knees.
Remember when we ruined the transfer window.
You could also say that the Premier League didn’t need a lot of help in bringing their own league to it’s knees, they hired Masters in the first place and he’s doing a decent job of making a laughing stock out of it!!

Sorry if I'm being obtuse, but who do you think has paid for this analysis to be put into the public domain? Our SuperSilk? It's certainly not the sort of report that's going to be picked up by the MSM, so I'd concur that it's akin to a shot across the bows of the PL to warn them of the legal minefield they've wandered into by imposing an unprecedented and arbitrary punishment on us.

The "unprecedented" part of this process is the key to challenging it imho - you can't make up penalties for breaches as you go along, nor should you be able to then change the rules / penalties so that no other club suffers the same sanctions. It just shows the PL up for the money-grabbing Mickey Mouse organisation it is.
Who knows, his chambers may be supporting our KC. Pinsent Masons (our lawyers) may have engaged him to do support work or even a high profile supporter engaged him(less likely)

However there is no way that’s not a paid for piece of work for the good of his health.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.