6 + 2 Point Deductions

Let’s have it right, we have overspent by 19.5m, sure we can blame the board and signing players etc but let’s just remember they have tried to make Everton decent over the years by signing players. Yes, most of them have been awful but nobody can turn the clock back. I’m sure if we could go back in time we wouldn’t of offered 28m for Bolasie and offered Southampton 30m for Mane, it’s how the cookie crumbles, but let’s not forget Moshiri put his money where his mouth was and unfortunately for him, he failed.

Yes we made poor signings and we still continue to do so, Delle being one of them, but again, nobody knew he would come and be crocked, same as Gbamin. I blame the directors of football more. Steve Walsh, Brands, Thelwell, their role was to highlight players and try and get them. They have all failed but one would argue the jury is still out on Thelwell.

I get the Kenwright criticism, Baxendale after headlock gate but Moshiri. He’s just been guilt of not being a football guy, trying to buy players he knows nothing about and basically just being a fish out of water. He also signed us 50m quid players, Carlo, and has built us a brand new stadium. I think he deserves all of our respect more than anything

Farhad Moshiri didnt put one penny into this club.

He has dedicated his life to protecting a criminal oligarch and his money.

Both he and Usmanov should be in jail.

We've been nothing but a front for a bunch of criminals who needed to funnel through money they've illegally acquired over the last two decades.

Cooking the books and money laundering has been the name of the game here.

Don't let the the points deductions make you think Moshiri deserves any benefit of the doubt.

Admitting we breached isn't Admitting we are guilty.. mitigating factors are about becoming compliant.. saying we breached and here is why is a perfectly legitimate argument... say you got caught doing 100mph on the motorway, couldn't you say "yes I was speeding but I had an extremely sick child in the car in need of urgent medical care".. you'll have admitted breaking the rules but have a legitimate mitigating factor for doing so. We were the only club building a stadium, covid and Ukraine hit us much harder than every other side, no question, we wouldn't have breached if we weren't building a stadium the very thing that will make us more sustainable in the future is looked at as having us not sustainable at the moment.
It is a perversion of natural justice.

As most have said, the Premier League is corrupt.

I don't disagree and I'm not defending Kenwright at all, but I'm sure moshiri liked the club's board as he refused to sack any of them. They were his patsies.
Kenwright chose Moshiri because he was the only one thick enough to give Kenwright a bullet proof contract that kept him at the club as chairman. I would bet my life we spoke to many other buyers who would of been better but they wanted their own board, so Kenwrights said no.

Kenwrights only interest was himself

We've been nothing but a front for a bunch of criminals who needed to funnel through money they've illegally acquired over the last two decades.

Don't let the the points deductions make you think Moshiri deserves any benefit of the doubt.
Thought this all along, the fact is the law in this country is on the side of the money laundering rich people.

Nice velvet jacket though.

As it stands for next year, yes. But seeing they will have probably scrapped that version and the wording seems to be around player costs (wages/transfers and agent fees) it may not be an issue then.
It would be just our luck that we get another deduction next year on the back of paying Super Silk to defend us against this years deduction.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.