6 + 2 Point Deductions

I'm not saying it's a definite, clearly.

What I'm saying is the Premier League will time the release to their benefit.

As they did first time around.

You do know the 10 point penalty was known days before they released it on that Friday don't you? They delayed the announcement - for their own reasons.

Anyone who has ever worked in any PR capacity will tell you Friday afternoon is when your release news you want mitigating.

My own opinion and gut feeling is we'll hear this week if it's good news (all points back or most points back). If it's bad news (IMO, less than half), it'll be after Tuesday next week - most likely Friday.
Sure, I'm not disputing that the PL can and will announce it when it best suits them. But I think there are some unreasonable estimates of how long it will get for them to be given the verdict, maybe some people on twitter have said "expected by mid-Feb" but there is no hard deadline, they can take as long as they need. That's proper and fair process.

So I don't think there's anything at all of significance to be read into whether they do or don't announce this week because we are well within what would be a reasonable time for the verdict to take. I think a lot of the "well they must know by now" takes ignore how long due consideration and due process take in reaching these verdicts.

It's frustrating but the whole future of the club is on the line here, we don't want a rush job.

If I'm the Premier League and I can decide when the outcome of the appeal is made public - if I think it'll attract criticism, I release it at an opportune time that limits publicity around that criticism and that's not in the days before Everton are televised on a Monday night. Millions will be watching and the appeal outcome will be the biggest punditry/story of that game.

Baffled that anyone would think the Premier League wouldn't be arsed about coverage.

As I said, even soft arse twigged it;

View attachment 245972

I've said a few times I think it'll be released on a Friday afternoon too. That's intentional. Just like the original release was.

MIllions? After the two cup games it might be hundreds.
They are going to get criticised either way tbh. The first decision was different as it was the initial bombshell and they def used the international break. I dont think it really matters now when they release this one. The first decision has put them under the spotlight. there are no damage limitation windows now.

If I'm the Premier League and I can decide when the outcome of the appeal is made public - if I think it'll attract criticism, I release it at an opportune time that limits publicity around that criticism and that's not in the days before Everton are televised on a Monday night. Millions will be watching and the appeal outcome will be the biggest punditry/story of that game.

Baffled that anyone would think the Premier League wouldn't be arsed about coverage.

As I said, even soft arse twigged it;

View attachment 245972

I've said a few times I think it'll be released on a Friday afternoon too. That's intentional. Just like the original release was.
Agree. Friday would be better in all regards for the PL.
Let the dust settle.
Positive outcome. Monday night is more forgiving from us as fans. Less vitriol.
Negative. Ok. We've got time to mobilise but they also have time to prepare and undoubtedly more than us.
Or, they bottle it. And wait till Tuesday. Can't see it myself (whole week with nothing else discussed) but nevertheless, possible.

Sure, I'm not disputing that the PL can and will announce it when it best suits them. But I think there are some unreasonable estimates of how long it will get for them to be given the verdict, maybe some people on twitter have said "expected by mid-Feb" but there is no hard deadline, they can take as long as they need. That's proper and fair process.

So I don't think there's anything at all of significance to be read into whether they do or don't announce this week because we are well within what would be a reasonable time for the verdict to take. I think a lot of the "well they must know by now" takes ignore how long due consideration and due process take in reaching these verdicts.

It's frustrating but the whole future of the club is on the line here, we don't want a rush job.
They know what are punishment is after our appeal .... they may be rethinking it through - Masters is on thin ice IMO - The January transfer window highlighted that .....
Already rumoured a breakaway league in Europe is on the cards, the Prem will not want that .....

IMO it's bad news if it's not announced this week.
I think John Blaine speaks a lot of sense in this video, a lot of good content in this 50 minute video....

In this video John talks about the longer it goes on the better he thinks it will be for us. Not saying he is right or wrong, I can see both sides...

Good point on improving finances at Everton at about 16:35, numbers from the stat accounts over the last 3 years including amortization reduction which busts a few myths posted by news outlets.

This video is well worth the listen.... IMO

Let the dust settle.
Negative. Ok. We've got time to mobilise but they also have time to prepare and undoubtedly more than us.
Or, they bottle it. And wait till Tuesday. Can't see it myself (whole week with nothing else discussed) but nevertheless, possible.
I very much doubt the PL will consider Evertons fixture on Monday when the finally deliver their news. They've treated the club with nothing but contempt throughout this whole sorry saga. It will come when it best suits them.

Yeah, good point.... I missed that off my timeline....

Friday 9th Feb
Apparently the PL were informed of the IC appeal verdict.

Tuesday 13th Feb
Masters does a piece in the Athletic citing COVID and the Ukraine War as to reasons his job was made harder.
SKY Sports interview with Sean Dyche re 10 point deduction.

Wednesday 14th Feb
Alan Myers and the SKY cameras have been down and shown around the BMD site.
Peace in our time ?

I very much doubt the PL will consider Evertons fixture on Monday when the finally deliver their news. They've treated the club with nothing but contempt throughout this whole sorry saga. It will come when it best suits them.
I beg to differ.

Self interest above all others. Their own.

And our game could/ could not effect their interests. Whichever way it pans out. TV coverage worldwide makes it play a role in their decision to disclose.

Same way we have embargoes with signings (cough cough) you check the lay of the land first. Don't announce a record signing on the same day the RS do theirs for example.

Now they need to go through them all, consider them, and reach a consensus (if possible) between them, then reach a consensus on what their overall verdict is and what adjustments they are making to the original sanction. Then they need to produce a full, reasoned verdict like we got last time.
If that was a properly reasoned verdict then I've got a 12 inch richard.

Let the dust settle.
There's a school of thought that Friday 'bad news' is better eg. redundancies, as it gives those affected a weekend to digest the bad news and the powers that be a short respite in which to bolster up their defences ahead of the following weeks backlash.

I don't think it's been that long tbh.
They've got to give club time to prepare, prob 48 hrs.
It's big decision and they could be accused of it being cosmetic, if it was few days.
Think it'll definitely be this week.
But don't think we'll get many/if any points back.
It's easier for PL to have tear up with one club, rather than 19.
Hope I'm wrong.

There's a school of thought that Friday 'bad news' is better eg. redundancies, as it gives those affected a weekend to digest the bad news and the powers that be a short respite in which to bolster up their defences ahead of the following weeks backlash.
Twas ever so. It also stops employees wrecking the joint the day after.

Like I mentioned, Friday and Sky etc. are busy with the PL schedule over the weekend and it'll get air time for sure but perhaps milder.
Monday or after - it's all about Everton and the PL....
We'll see.