6 + 2 Point Deductions

A general comment of mid February has been taken to mean absolutely the 14th feb. No more, no less. And as a result you’ve all lost your tiny minds 🤣
I reckon most assume it's sometime this week.
They couldn't announce it on Monday when we are playing so after that it's late February.

Unless Masters comes on at half time and gives us all of our points back in WWF style after Dyche hits him on the back with a foldable metal chair.

"The good news is we have won the points deduction appeal. The bad news is we are going into administration and before you think that means we're a point better off overall, I'm being told that the costs of hiring Super Silk means we have broken the next PSR period which means another point deducted. So, we are where we are, Jim. Good times."
"Some people would call that stability, Farhad".

Am hoping it's not so much that we went over the threshold, or that it was down to our 'non-existant midfield', but that this silk guy has gone down the route of the manner of the punishment was unlawful and kind of like a murderer getting off scott free because of a silly mistake made with evidence being inadmissible in court, that has case thrown out.

Wouldn't be surprised if this is true...and again will show how independent is in fact the commission...or not...they should not have any decision or control of the wording if this was truly independent
It’s fairly standard practice for all parties to agree generally to the wording of the report, but I imagine the PL are working on their wording of the announcement rather than changing the report.

Even with ofsted etc, reports are sent to headteachers/managers first and they have time to respond if there are any inaccuracies or bits they don’t agree with. This can then be changed or ignored by Ofsted.

Its not necessarily about the outcome, just inaccuracies or different interpretations etc.

Any quibble about the wording would surely mean it was in our favour??
I'm hearing that the argument is over asterisks. Everton are not happy with the asterisk against their name in the league table, while the Premier League are not happy with how the term: "Richard Masters" is being displayed in the press release condemning his mismanagement of this case.

Here's the way I see it:

You have a beginning third, a middle third and an end third to a month.

They are of equal size, so the middle of February is roughly from the 10th - 19th.

There are five days of the window that could reasonably be called 'mid-February' left.
If you're going to be pedantic then surely it is from 4pm on the 10th to 8am on the 20th.