6 + 2 Point Deductions

Everything is pointing to the fact no decision has been communicated at all. So for all the different theories people are trying to read into things quite likely it's still the only people who know anything are the three panel members.
It definitely seems like the rumour of the club having the draft report for fact checking or checking for typos was not correct.

I really don’t see why they can’t come out and say “we are aiming to publish it on x date” and it will stop a lot of speculation and also allow their boys at Sky Sports to break out the yellow ties and have a big countdown like they love to do.

It definitely seems like the rumour of the club having the draft report for fact checking or checking for typos was not correct.

I really don’t see why they can’t come out and say “we are aiming to publish it on x date” and it will stop a lot of speculation and also allow their boys at Sky Sports to break out the yellow ties and have a big countdown like they love to do.
At least one of the panel members is in Bermuda or on a cruise or some such

34F01DC6-A423-4EA3-B357-94BAE1FF69FC.jpeg

It’s about the time of the season, that @matty1878 dons his special relegation outfit and heads out to spread goodwill and cheer to all those around him.

I think a transfer ban would be bad for Everton, but I also have tunnel vision on this season, and I just want to stay up. If we got 10 points back I have confidence we’re more than safe and would only need to win about 3 more games. 10 points back & transfer ban would be alright, but I bet we would feel the pain of this quickly into the 24/25 season.

That could well be correct... unfortunately.
However, this decision has huge ramifications for all clubs, unfortunately , as usual, we are the guinea pigs for all the trouble coming down the tracks for other clubs.

I also think that if we are lucky enough to take our side in this appeal they need to have all their ducks in a row when talking to the PL.
I am guessing that those on the panel have access to legal , audit and tax expertise to help them reach their decision.

This is big time stuff and ,as Alan Myers pointed out last week, the deadline of mid February was inaccurate and misleading.
He said it may be late this week but more likely to be late next week, although I am not sure how anyone knows when the verdict will be conveyed to interested parties.
In principal the panel are legal and financial experts.

If we are to get our points back the logic would be that they need to effectively outline why the initially points deduction was disproportionate or why the process was flawed.

Likewise if they decide that our grounds for appeal weren't pursuasive then they need to outline why and how the initial panel were right to make the decision they did.

Both of these things take time because of the political pressure and because of the potential legal action.

I don't think we can read anything into whether the length of time taken to reach the decision is positive or negative. We just have to wait.

I think a transfer ban would be bad for Everton, but I also have tunnel vision on this season, and I just want to stay up. If we got 10 points back I have confidence we’re more than safe and would only need to win about 3 more games. 10 points back & transfer ban would be alright, but I bet we would feel the pain of this quickly into the 24/25 season.
No it wouldn't. We will be goosed next season with a transfer ban.