6 + 2 Point Deductions

I wonder if part of the reason for the wording of our statement is because someone at the PL has had a word and said something like "we're probably going to have to give you a fine or something on the next one, but that's it, so take this one on the chin and when we re-write the rules at the end of the season that'll be the end of it"?

To which we've played ball and gone along with it
Agree - that's pretty much the way I read it as well.

Everton will be given a suspended points deduction and/or fine for the second charge.

Forest will be given between 6-12 points deduction for their charge.

Current relegation odds are something like:

Everton 8/1
Forest 7/4
Luton 1/2

Beat West Ham on Saturday then we can pretty much blow our nose and move on from this sorry, pathetic affair.

Nah, that was Joe Royle's 18 months - where we won something - and then Roberto's first season - where we played some football.

Moyes was admirable in a non-winning, non-exciting kind of way. He did a job...for Bill. There was no fantasy or trophies in any of that, though.
We can all point to short periods. It was great winning all those games at the start of Carlo's first season as well. But Moyes produced a period where we played excellent football for the most part, we had a team of good players with good players on the bench. We knew we would be competitive in virtually every game and there was a genuine feeling that we only need a bit of investment to crack the top 4. Martinez first season was great too but it was largely built on the Moyes team and quickly fizzled out into nothing as did Royle's team.

Can anyone clarify the model/precedent now then?

A breach = points deduction.

How have they now said they work out the number?

£19.5m over = 6 points?

So if Forest are say... £40m over. Is it 12 points?

I don't think much has been said about how much you breach by.

I think the issue that was mentioned for us as mitigation was that we did act in good faith, despite the original findings saying we didn't.

I honestly think there are more questions than answers now. And I think a second points deduction is now much more likely than it was this morning. And I think some form of points deduction is also inevitable for Forest now.

Agree - that's pretty much the way I read it as well.

Everton will be given a suspended points deduction and/or fine for the second charge.

Forest will be given between 6-12 points deduction for their charge.

Current relegation odds are something like:

Everton 8/1
Forest 7/4
Luton 1/2

Beat West Ham next week then we can pretty much blow our nose and move on from this sorry, pathetic affair.

( we hope! )

I don't think much has been said about how much you breach by.

I think the issue that was mentioned for us as mitigation was that we did act in good faith, despite the original findings saying we didn't.

I honestly think there are more questions than answers now. And I think a second points deduction is now much more likely than it was this morning. And I think some form of points deduction is also inevitable for Forest now.

why is a second more likely?

I'd be petrified if I was a Forest fan. We get 6 for a breach that is 1/3 of theirs, and thiers is all transfer related. They'll get at least 9, surely.

All that to say though 5 points off relegation now, simply no way we go down, especially if Forest did get 9, that'd mean we'd be 10 points clear with 12 games to go.

Anyone know how much we were over for the next charge we are due. I would imagine considering that the statement seems to be pleased with this result, that we have not breached by as much on this occasion.
yea the statement from the club is almost if not greatful. hopefully they have have heads up on the rest of charges going away without any further points taken away

I'd be petrified if I was a Forest fan. We get 6 for a breach that is 1/3 of theirs, and thiers is all transfer related. They'll get at least 9, surely.

All that to say though 5 points off relegation now, simply no way we go down, especially if Forest did get 9, that'd mean we'd be 10 points clear with 12 games to go.

we
gotta win games tho mate to make sure we’re ok .
the teams around us anyway as the 5 away games and liverpool christ.