6 + 2 Point Deductions

Too many pages to read but even if both us & Forest get these next wave of point deductions then it's still not fair. Forest need to go through the pain of 10 points taken off them for 3 months & have to fight under appeal for 4 back.

The cost of that points deduction has hung over us like a massive black cloud. It's not fair that we've basically done all the donkey work for Forest's case.
Agree

So upon appeal, the IC have referred to EFL guidelines and suggested a 'positive trend' in our finances.

So, with regards to our second charge, you would imagine this would put us in a 'strong' position... EFL guidelines do not allow double jeopardy and you would imagine the 3rd years' accounts added on are healthier than the 1st which has now dropped off owing to the 3 year cycle thing.

Maybe wishful thinking, but any further punishments shouldn't be any more than 1 or 2 points. Maybe suspended? Maybe a financial punishment instead?

Forest must be concerned. I don;t know what their apparent breach is compared to ours, but you would imagine it is significant considering their spending.

We're effectively 6 points outside the relegation zone and 2 ahead of Forest (taking GD into account).

Assuming no ridiculous uptick in form for either Luton or Forest, another 10 points and we're safe IMO.
One of Forest's main mitigations was that they deliberately waited till later in the window to sell Brennan Johnson to get a higher fee. This is an argument the commission didn't accept for us

Agree but realistically Forest surely can't be successful with the Johnson argument as we weren't in claiming well we could have got more if we waited to sell Richarlison for more with Chelsea also interested but we sold quickly to fit in the sale within that accounting year.
Realistically, we shouldn’t have been given any deduction.
The fact they cite EFL is also a joke given Leicester breached when in the championship by a few million more than us, with a lower limit (so a much higher breach percentage) and if I remember right were fined about £5m.

I hope you’re right and that this is thrown out as a suspended sentence at worst but I have no confidence these clowns will act rationally at all.

Listening to Bobble’s podcast he’s adamant that the second breach is seen in the football world as much less serious than the second. IMO it is possible that alterations made by the first outcome have knocked us into technical breach but I believe there may be scope to resolve it without hearings or points reductions.

He also seems pretty convinced Forest’s breach is worse than either of ours and based on today’s result could be 8 points or more.