6 + 2 Point Deductions

Don't know but maybe the PL are giving us the chance of a bit oF respite to observe Forest's fume from afar because their hearing is this week. A bit like having a last meal only the PL don't know it yet but we're having pudding as well!

UTFT

I wonder if Forest will be forced to go 13 League games with a 10pt deduction hanging over their head?

Of course they won't.

Defo not, as only 11 games left lol

It's scandalous mate. They'll be told they have a points deduction and probably have 2/3 games until their appeal is heard whilst ours went on for 3 months.

That compromises the integrity of the league.

We are proper crap and we know it, but make no mistake, playing 13 games with a 10pt deduction hanging over your heard is just impossible to mentally shake and have a clear mindset. Every defeat just ramps up the pressure.

Don't know but maybe the PL are giving us the chance of a bit oF respite to observe Forest's fume from afar because their hearing is this week. A bit like having a last meal only the PL don't know it yet but we're having pudding as well!

UTFT

If Forest are fined i do hope their charges are made public for the world to see like ours were. Of course will not hold my breath for City's and Chelsea as I think they will not see the light of day.

I still absolutely refuse to believe we would accept any second points deduction this season without going to the (real) courts over it.

The double jeopardy argument re 2/3 of the 'crime' already punished is one thing but it is fundamentally against natural justice and even worse double punishment that we should receive two points penalties in the same season if that is the decision for the 20-23 period. The processes of the PL meant that 19-22 was punished in this season, that's PL process and not our fault (I know some will say we wanted it delayed but that is irrelevant, it is still their process flaws that meant it wasn't done in 22/23, not ours).

The purpose of 'fast-tracked' system is an acknowledgement that the prior system was flawed (as there wasn't one!) however the unintended (?) consequence of it meaning we get hit twice in one sporting season is even more deeply flawed.

It really wouldn't surprise me to see us fined, with the reasoning being linked to the above so as not to set a new precedent.

this just shows that the rules were not fit for purpose, if us, forest, Chelsea, city and now Leicester are all on the precipice (or over) the limit, thats 25% of the group not compliant, there must be others that are close and make it through good management or fortune (our case mismanagement and misfortune)

The rule is a bad rule. Good rules are largely self enforcing.

Thats how i think, It will be 6points downgraded to 2/3points after appeal. I would be very surprised if verdict came right in at 2/3 points. and half feel they will say result after appeal in the week leading to Arsenal game - almost like we have to beat Arsenal to stay up type of thing. Doubt any points deducted will get suspended, as it surely is for this season no matter what.
I can see them wanting to avoid appeals and an end of season farce, so setting points deductions which are ‘acceptable’. I can see 3 for us, and 4/5 for Forest.

It's scandalous mate. They'll be told they have a points deduction and probably have 2/3 games until their appeal is heard whilst ours went on for 3 months.

That compromises the integrity of the league.

We are proper crap and we know it, but make no mistake, playing 13 games with a 10pt deduction hanging over your heard is just impossible to mentally shake and have a clear mindset. Every defeat just ramps up the pressure.
Clearly the premier league has no integrity - the scab six run the game.

It’s not strange in itself. I’m sure a lot of football fans have watched what’s happened with our case.

What is a bit strange though, is you’re in here nearly every day commenting on PSR and other aspects of our finances including sponsorships etc.

Yet since you signed up over 2 years ago we’ve played the team you support a number of times and you haven’t commented in a single match thread.

Not questioning who you support or anything like that. I was just likening it to a Villa fan who signed up on here and his only interest was Everton finances and nothing else.

I’ll be honest all this PSR and accounting stuff bores me to absolute tears and if a shoe was on the other foot, I’d rather shït in my hands and clap than go posting on a Chelsea forum showcasing my accounting skills.

But you crack on lad.
Are you saying that this poster is claiming it was Chelsea fans who did it?

Sounds strangely familiar...

We should be making the argument of time served. If they can make an inference that our transgressions have given us a sporting advantage over the last 3 years, then surelynthat same inference can be made against a ruling sitting over our heads that was proved upon appeal to have been wrong and out of kilter with fair governance. They even added points for a finding that they were not there to judge upon. Dyche should have been pressing home the mental effects of this for the last few weeks