6 + 2 Point Deductions

As they couldn’t start the process of our second charge until the outcome of the first was concluded. However that process had started for Forest as our first appeal didn’t affect their charge.

Yes our appeal was heard before their hearing took place, but there’s processes before the hearing such as putting their legal cases together and appointing the commissions etc.

So we are a couple of weeks behind them.
I appreciate your comments. The appeal decision was 26 February, it just seems to me they could have had the next commission in place and ready to go. I do appreciate that a bit of time is needed to prepare a defense, and that the appeal decision impacts the defense to some extent. To put a process in place that could extend 5 days past the end of the season is ridiculous and really bothers me, it seems if they really wanted to they could have compressed it a bit so at least teams knew where they stood going into the last game. It could have a massive impact, maybe a draw would be enough, maybe a team must push for a winner, it's a complete farce not knowing how many points you might need on the last day. That said, I think it would be surprising if Forest or Everton got any points back on subsequent appeal.

I appreciate your comments. The appeal decision was 26 February, it just seems to me they could have had the next commission in place and ready to go. I do appreciate that a bit of time is needed to prepare a defense, and that the appeal decision impacts the defense to some extent. To put a process in place that could extend 5 days past the end of the season is ridiculous and really bothers me, it seems if they really wanted to they could have compressed it a bit so at least teams knew where they stood going into the last game. It could have a massive impact, maybe a draw would be enough, maybe a team must push for a winner, it's a complete farce not knowing how many points you might need on the last day. That said, I think it would be surprising if Forest or Everton got any points back on subsequent appeal.

forest probably won’t appeal

we need to get points so the scenario we’re bummed again we’re ok

That's how I'm trying to see this as a positive.

The most important thing is that we stay above Luton.

So a small points deduction for Forest makes the likelihood of no points deducted (or only 1 or 2) more likely for us on the second charge.

Meaning we've got a better chance of finishing ahead of Luton.
Why? There are other teams under threat. As well as Super Luton who have earned 9 points less than us this season, Forest have earned 6 less and Brentford have earned 5 less. It's not a shootout between two teams. That said, have you actually looked at Luton's remaining games? They are in deep doodoo.