6 + 2 Point Deductions

I honestly don't know. The underlying numbers are horrendous. If 777 don't take over who would want to?

If the PSR number is as bad as I fear we could well be hammered again.

While I still don't agree that administration is the better option than 777, things could very well unravel to the extent of administration before the end of the season. We could be in such bad shape that the 9 points don't make a difference.

It's bleak.

either one mate innit same
outcome

The club is just not remotely sustainable currently. Imagine losing that much despite barely spending a penny and getting £40m for the likes of Anthony Gordon.
This shiny new stadium people are getting giddy over is financially crippling us and will probably inadvertently cause our relegation (via points deductions).

The Club’s total wage to turnover ratio has increased from 90% in 2021/22
to 92% in 2022/23. The Club looks to reduce the wage to turnover ratio
going forward, whilst also ensuring that the First-Team squad remains as
competitive as possible. As in previous years, the ongoing outsourcing of
the Club’s retail and catering operations, which reduces turnover (and costs)
when comparing to other clubs who manage these functions in-house, also
results in an artificially inflated wage to turnover ratio. The Club’s total wage
to turnover ratio would increase accordingly from 87% in 2021/22 to 89%
in 2022/23 if retail and catering operations were not outsourced.

The Club recognised an operating exceptional cost of £7.1m, which was
incurred for amounts payable in relation to a change in coaching staff. The
Club also recognised an exceptional impairment charge of £4.8m (2021/22:
£nil) in relation to player registrations.

It's truly shocking, from what I see. The stadium costs aren't included in the operation loss.

The club is just not remotely sustainable currently. Imagine losing that much despite barely spending a penny and getting £40m for the likes of Anthony Gordon.
This shiny new stadium people are getting giddy over is financially crippling us and will probably inadvertently cause our relegation (via points deductions).

exactly shiny new ground

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back