6 + 2 Point Deductions

So one of these teams is hindered by ffp, the other is able to pick their bones because they can ignore ffp and became established on the back of super rich owners and unfettered spending?

How do let 'let any owner spend what they want' brigade square this circle?

Its true intentions have become clear.

Villa are really a cautionary example for us, I know we are miles off what they achieved, but they are similarly sized business with a very similar turnover, fan base number, ground capacity etc.

Not only do you have to be above excellent in recruitment and management to break the glass ceiling, but when you do you are admonished, having to weaken your squad and improve the squad of your direct competitors.

It’s sad to see what going down at Villa, they achieved a lot via good player selection and good management, building a team to achieve the CL through sporting integrity, now they have to partly dismantle and undermine that to comply with PSR. I don’t think they’ve spent outrageously comparatively - oor at least I haven’t noticed.

They are selling a layer to Chelsea, who’ve spent I think over a billion, who circumvented the rules as we know.

This is killing the “Sport”.
Same as Newcastle last year. They rocked the apple cart, got in champs league and wasn’t able to spend anything. Boom, out first hurdle, same will happen with Villa. They simply want the top 6 clubs to finish in the top 6 places. Watch United spend a fortune this year, how when they finished like 9th and have spent and spent over the years.
Correct. PSR is less to do with sustainability and more to do with maintaining the status quo.

Any glass ceiling has been concreted over.

It's impossible for any ambitious club to break into the cartel

It’s sad to see what going down at Villa, they achieved a lot via good player selection and good management, building a team to achieve the CL through sporting integrity, now they have to partly dismantle and undermine that to comply with PSR. I don’t think they’ve spent outrageously comparatively - oor at least I haven’t noticed.

They are selling a layer to Chelsea, who’ve spent I think over a billion, who circumvented the rules as we know.

never feel sad for anyone other than us

The Premier League seems to be slowly on the decline.

When you have the current league champions opting to sue the organisation, something is wrong.

I think PSR will be scrapped. Its impossible to justify it's doing what it's stated intent is.
PSR would never be fair even if it was invented the same time as football was. The teams who were the best and biggest at that time will always have the advantage.
Look at the rs, took them 30 years to win a title even when for large parts of those years they were the 3rd or 4th biggest spenders.
What hope have other teams got, you get flukes like Newcastle, villa and nearly us that season we got 72 points getting into the top 4, but it’s never sustained. Leicester city biggest fluke winning the league, they got relegated last season.
Top 4 and now the big 6 is the stauts quo.

Just take the hit on points. Villa will end up in a relegation battle flogging players off and not able to spend while adding all the CL games. Their budget has been spent on Barkley.

Leicester will lose a load of points and not be able to spend and relegated before they start.

Yet Chelsea will just sell more assets to themselves and spend another billion.

Teams need to ignore these rules or just take the mick like Chelsea and City.

Yes, but re people forgetting that if clubs are allowed to spend what they want then it won't be a top 6, It will be a top 2, owned by 2 countries, with relatively bottomless pits of money. Compare Abramovich v Saudi for example. Abramovich's net worth is £9 billion. Saudi? 1.4 trillion.

People need to wake up, imo, clubs should be able to spend and not forced to sell, I agree, but these nation state clubs need to be reined in one way or another, or they are simply gonna be in a league of their own. City are dominant at the moment, the biggest spenders of the last 10 years, and they are still not happy that they can't spend more. Nobody other than the saudi's will ever get close to them again if they can spend whatever they like. They'd spend Abramovich's entire net worth in less than a decade.
If there's a spending cap (there shoud be as a result of PL allowing state ownership), it should apply to everyone for the same amount. Simple.

Problem then is City and Chelsea owners have shown they have no respect for rules and will just pay off the books or find other ways. It's impossible to police and if they get charged will lawyer up by the millions. If the answer is let everyone do what they want then City and Newcastle have infinite resources.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back