6 + 2 Point Deductions

A bit of a tangent here but all the hate towards Everton at the moment and in particular from football club supporters from around the leagues.
I love the adage " careful how you treat people on the way up because you might meet them on the way down" Given we're somewhat in free fall, where has all this dislike towards us come from?

All those VAR decisions that have gone against us that they had to apologise for, we should sue the league for them as well because they could’ve had us higher up the table and therefore netted us bigger prize money which would’ve meant we stayed under the FFP threshold.
Like the late Cobain put it "Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you".

There has been a plan all this time.

A bit of a tangent here but all the hate towards Everton at the moment and in particular from football club supporters from around the leagues.
I love the adage " careful how you treat people on the way up because you might meet them on the way down" Given we're somewhat in free fall, where has all this dislike towards us come from?
Not sure where you've witnessed that, twitter perhaps? I live in Woolsville, there are few blues here, but literally everyone I've spoken to regarding this, has been on our side. Even the out of town glory hunting manu/rs types.

TBF I think fans of other clubs like a big and ambitious club to make a complete tit of itself. I think it's nothing more than that

A lot of it is jealousy, though not sure what they’re jealous about ha ha. But it’s our history and fans imo. So called big clubs who think they’re bigger than us and have better fans IE. Villa, Newcastle, Leeds and Leicester where were all thier fans when they were fighting relegation.

And then you have the likes of West Ham thinking they’re bigger because of their free ground and the trophy they won last season.

And limited knowledgable fans of other clubs, who know nothing about Everton , but read the bias journalists on twitter or turn on talkSPORT and hear Simon Jordon going on about this 500mil for the last 3yrs which now seems to have become 700mil. And it just feeds the narrative. Being one of the biggest 4 clubs imo when the prem started, we had more league titles than Utd at that point. I think we’re the easiest target. Also it’s Liverpool, because they’re the media darlings and have all their ex players in the media or these cockney reds all over the place spouting nonsense, we become another easy target.

Let’s slag Everton and we will get loads of clicks from the reds all over the world.

Not sure where you've witnessed that, twitter perhaps? I live in Woolsville, there are few blues here, but literally everyone I've spoken to regarding this, has been on our side. Even the out of town glory hunting manu/rs types.
Yeah was just about to post the same, I'm actually shocked by the level of the support across the board tbh, obviously the odd usual 'hilarious' highly original banter, akin to the "Bramley Moore will be the best stadium in the Championship! ROFL! LOL! LMAO!" shouts.

Obvs some people at certain clubs / Journo's etc... Shall we say, have ulterior motives re. how this should be the yardstick for City / Chelsea punishment. But in the main, yeah shocked at the level of support so far.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back