6 + 2 Point Deductions

Everyone has been harping on about other clubs being able to sue Everton, or other clubs suing the Premier League because they might be unhappy with the disciplinary procedure. But nobody seems to speaking about Everton suing the Premier League for their handling of our case.

I think our case would be every bit as strong (or as weak) as the arguments that would be made from the likes of Burnley et al. So if Burnley could have a case against the Premier League, then we must surely also have a case against the Premier League as well, right?

What would we be suing them for? Well, a lot of the stuff mentioned within that Mike Gow article would be a good start. The excessive punishment based on an unquantifiable sporting advantage, along with the lack of regulations and rules when it comes to issuing a sanction to a club etc.
it may get heard by an adjudicator who has finds a decision on a legal and evidential basis rather than one that is convenient for the group who organised the 'independent' panel

The PL will do whatever is in their interest.

It was in their interest to come down on Everton because it suited their agenda to avoid independent regulation, create a false relegation narrative where there wasn’t one for tv numbers, and also gave their media associates reliant on kopite subscriber base viewers a load of content that has undoubtedly amassed tons of traffic.

If it becomes in their interest to lessen the punishment because of unwanted attention or brand damage then they will lessen it

What I doubt they’ll do is lessen it because someone points out that it’s unfair or hasn’t been administered in a proper manner. I just can’t see the PL giving two stuffs about that, they’re not arsed about the 14 other teams and definitely not about one of those on their own that just so happens to be the most popular club to punish because the majority of their worldwide fan base consists of people supporting their local rivals.

It’s good for the PL to have Liverpool fans and other oppositions fans round the world watching Everton in another relegation battle and reading a load of stories on how we’ve been slapped by the big strong PL. It generates loads more interest which leads to loads more money. They’d do it every season if they could get away with it.

This very much is my take on how you have been treated.

Despite a few burying their heads in the sand the losses that had been posted clearly indicated that there were issues not so much where the money was coming to fund the losses ( which is what FFP should be focusing on ) but measured against an arbitrary number and a set of rules are flawed in the extreme

I doubt that anyone, and I mean anyone, truly believes that FFP brings sporting integrity or any sort of financial equity to the party nor does it do anything to ensure financial compliance with say HMRC regulations

I am now retired and I remember with a passion ( cough cough ) one particular consultant presentation where the idiot was chunterring away and talking all about how by introducing a new set of KPIs ,which us cynical old timers knew at the time that many of these new and” innovative “targets could easily be achieved by manipulation or cleansing of work lists, so we’re beyond a joke
Us old and experienced managers tried to point out that the real target was delivery . The consultant dismissed our concerns and his words tripping of his tounge were “ Targets drive behaviour “

When asked what that meant he spouted more claptrap about how these KPIs would drive forward changes to the culture

Did that happen ? Well we all know the answer to that

What did happen is that some very clever people found ways around the targets one simple way was to move just £1 between one cleared matter initially to a corrupted record that was already cleared financially but due to glitch statistically was still live. Then by moving that £1 back bothe records were then clearedand then back

What that did was increase workload by one item and then generated two clearances. Targets drive behaviour!

My point is that FFP is a target and that drives behaviours. Money being paid by separate entities which seems to be the crime that we have put our hand up to inflation of commercial deals which amongst other charges is something City have been charged with.

If supporters of other clubs think their clubs are squeaky clean then sorry they live in cloud cuckoo land.
Apart from the RS, obvs.

The PL will do whatever is in their interest.

It was in their interest to come down on Everton because it suited their agenda to avoid independent regulation, create a false relegation narrative where there wasn’t one for tv numbers, and also gave their media associates reliant on kopite subscriber base viewers a load of content that has undoubtedly amassed tons of traffic.

If it becomes in their interest to lessen the punishment because of unwanted attention or brand damage then they will lessen it

What I doubt they’ll do is lessen it because someone points out that it’s unfair or hasn’t been administered in a proper manner. I just can’t see the PL giving two stuffs about that, they’re not arsed about the 14 other teams and definitely not about one of those on their own that just so happens to be the most popular club to punish because the majority of their worldwide fan base consists of people supporting their local rivals.

It’s good for the PL to have Liverpool fans and other oppositions fans round the world watching Everton in another relegation battle and reading a load of stories on how we’ve been slapped by the big strong PL. It generates loads more interest which leads to loads more money. They’d do it every season if they could get away with it.
The PL has no say in what happens to our penalty. They have royally shafted us with their excellent guidance whilst supposedly closely monitoring our every penny, but our fate is now in the hands of strangers that haven’t even been picked yet. Worryingly, even if the PL buckled under the criticism from all corners of football (they won’t, too arrogant), it’s not even in their power to reduce the penalty any more without admitting they deliberately ignored all our mitigations and nailed us on purpose. Too much of a climb down to be realistic.

The PL has no say in what happens to our penalty. They have royally shafted us with their excellent guidance whilst supposedly closely monitoring our every penny, but our fate is now in the hands of strangers that haven’t even been picked yet. Worryingly, even if the PL buckled under the criticism from all corners of football (they won’t, too arrogant), it’s not even in their power to reduce the penalty any more without admitting they deliberately ignored all our mitigations and nailed us on purpose. Too much of a climb down to be realistic.

The PL doesn’t leave the outcome of its product to ‘independent’ bodies. This appeals panel will be independent in the exact same ways the referees are impartial.

That could open a can of worms, if we get the points back and it pushes a team/teams back into relegation trouble
Exactly. Other clubs will be nervously monitoring the outcome of the appeal given they could be dragged back into relegation trouble if we got some or all points returned. Many clubs try to buy their way out of trouble in the January window but with this uncertainty do they stick or twist.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back