6 + 2 Point Deductions

I’m completely the opposite. If the points deduction was the reason we were in the relegation zone, and we got the points back and put someone else back there, all hell would break loose. That’s the absolute last scenario they want.

The further away we get the more sense it makes to just give us the points back, that way it truly can just be brushed under the carpet without controversy.
Yeah, I don’t follow that logic myself, I’m afraid.

This whole thing was a stunt to make them look tough, and it’d only make the whole thing look farcical - and the league weak - if they gave us the points back.

I say that as someone desperate to see all 10 come back.

Yeah, I don’t follow that logic myself, I’m afraid.

This whole thing was a stunt to make them look tough, and it’d only make the whole thing look farcical - and the league weak - if they gave us the points back.

I say that as someone desperate to see all 10 come back.

That’s sound. I don’t follow yours.

They couldn’t possibly look any more ridiculous and any less “tough” than they already do, they’ve been absolutely ripped to pieces over this.

Appeal process is only just underway so don’t pay too much attention to anyone claiming to know the outcome.
My initial post was a bit tongue in cheek as i am sure you and others would have recognised.
I've thought all along the ten point malarkey was a tester and they've left a good bit of wriggle room to reduce it when the appeal is heard.

No chance we get more than 3-4 points back at most.

In an ideal world the club would blacklist journalists from the ground, withdraw BMD from the Euro's and continue pointing towards the unfairness of not just the punishment but the rules in general.

One thing that has failed to be pointed out is that the £105m loss rule was introduced 7-8 years ago - players transfer fees, wages etc have sky rocketed since then so why has this figure not increased in line ? Its to try squeeze the other 14 clubs into selling their best players in order to spend.

I think it makes perfect sense for them to think in those terms.

If their deduction relegated Everton, it’d blow the story even bigger, increase the scrutiny on their decision making even more - and set anticipation levels for what they may do in future regarding more serious offenders soaring.

I suspect they want this to go away now. Their thinking will be that we won’t complain too much if we keep winning, and they won’t have to lose and face or be seen to back down by reducing the sanction.

I don’t like that scenario in the slightest, but I can absolutely envisage that.
I'm pleased you can see the scenario I was imagining however far fetched it may seem.
I saw a comment about how the word Corrupt was laughable when used to describe the PL. Ridiculous claims against such a brand.
The bit I read mentioned the stench coming from both UEFA and FIFA when people making similar claims of wrongdoings were ridiculed.

I'm pleased you can see the scenario I was imagining however far fetched it may seem.
I saw a comment about how the word Corrupt was laughable when used to describe the PL. Ridiculous claims against such a brand.
The bit I read mentioned the stench coming from both UEFA and FIFA when people making similar claims of wrongdoings were ridiculed.
I’m all for it.

‘Corrupt,’ is such a simple word that other clubs’ fans can pile on, too. From refereeing decisions and VAR calls to points deductions, anything that throws light on the conscious or unconscious biases of the league is absolutely a good thing for 13/14 clubs in this league.

Everton flipping double birds to the premier league by winning week after week now! Gives us our points back so we can be in the top ten where we belong. Feel like the premier league has awakened a sleeping giant….keep it going blues