6 + 2 Point Deductions

Where are all the posters who were adamant that there would be no points deduction?

Come on hold your hands up
Happily hold my hands up as one of them but honestly after all the facts and ruling has come to light if anything I’m even more surprised we’ve been docked points, it’s completely unprecedented and massively harsh.

I’d be saying the same if this situation was Liverpool being deducted points for the same offence to be honest except I’d also be laughing at them, which is fairness is what I’m hearing and seeing online from all Liverpool fans too - nobody thinks this is justice.

Leicester apparently "considering their options" with regard to legal.action against Everton.

As the team that came 3 Rd from bottom in the relevant season they would appear to be the only claimant who could bring an action .

Southampton and Leeds said to " reviewing". Not sure what they are reviewing as even if Everton had been sanctioned in the relevant season they would have gone down anyway.
Wouldn’t their legal action have to be against the PL?

We bloody need some top lawyers quickly
download.webp

Leicester apparently "considering their options" with regard to legal.action against Everton.

As the team that came 3 Rd from bottom in the relevant season they would appear to be the only claimant who could bring an action .

Southampton and Leeds said to " reviewing". Not sure what they are reviewing as even if Everton had been sanctioned in the relevant season they would have gone down anyway.

….we should never forget any club who takes legal action against us.

Directors should be barred and any protocol dissolved. It’s at a time like this that clubs should stick together, kicking one when it’s down is something we wont forget.

Quite rich of Leicester to consider their options. After all they did breach the rules to get promoted out of the Championship.

Oh and nothing happened to them…

Has to be something that ruins the PL reputation and hits them where it hurts in terms of media exposure. Should be flying planes with all sorts of slander against them on it. Need some MPs to slam them in the commons and move to bring forward the independent regulator.
Nobody can deny that footage of the crowd from closing County Road and heading en masse up to the Old Lady wasn't mighty impressive. Throw in some hard hitting banners and we're good to go.

If the league were hoping to avoid regulation from the government over perceived corruption and a lack of ability to govern themselves, this is the absolute worst thing they could have done. It looks far far worse now that they have completely let off the big and powerful in Man City and Chelsea and used a sledgehammer on Everton. Government regulators will stand up and take notice, and when City isnt relegated half way down the pyramid they will have all they need to take over. The leagues blind hatred of Everton has lead them to so colossal a mistake they have dug their own graves.

No mate. Beyond a few weeks, if we're in a sticky patch again then the fans will turn not on the PL but the club. This will inevitably happen as our players begin to reach for excuse in games that get away from us.

I always thought and said 6 points would relegate us...10 points seals it.

It's defo going to the final weeks again

Keep the faith Dave, it's Everton against the world now mate.

Happily hold my hands up as one of them but honestly after all the facts and ruling has come to light if anything I’m even more surprised we’ve been docked points, it’s completely unprecedented and massively harsh.

I’d be saying the same if this situation was Liverpool being deducted points for the same offence to be honest except I’d also be laughing at them, which is fairness is what I’m hearing and seeing online from all Liverpool fans too - nobody thinks this is justice.
FWIW , I agree with you NOW we know the full picture. Prior to today we had no idea what the charge was let alone the facts relating to it .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back