6 + 2 Point Deductions

This stinks

I don't doubt that we've breached rules because the club is run by utter charlatans, but 10 points?!?!

It's a completely disproportionate punishment to the offence committed

They want us gone
I have felt for some time that they only want a single PL club on Merseyside. Our Iranian upstart building a fancier home than theirs does not fit the narrative.

Over the course of the next 26 games, we need to get the same number of points as Burnley, one more point than Sheffield United and two more points than Luton. Unless we’re hit with injuries/suspensions, I’d be disappointed if we couldn’t do that whether there was a points deduction or not the way we’ve been playing recently.
You know they'll happen.

The bottom 3 have just been boosted spectacular.

I expect at least one to get some form together and keep us in the rear view mirror.

That's what you get when your club is run like a circus. Directors resigned and not adaquately replaced, a Chairman 'working' while on his deathbed, etc. I have no doubt that at some points we were likely paying four or five previous managers' salaries still.

Now that the precident has been set at 10 points for 1 single infraction, City ought to be banished to the depths of the lower national leagues right... right? Of course not.

This has all come about by Everton being an absolute kin shambles in the boardroom for the best part of a decade, and a joke for two decades prior to that.

"Directors resigned and weren't adequately
replaced ". Sorry mate that's one of the reasons we've had a points reduction, those Directors were inadequate to begin with, they would have been out of their depth in 2 inches of water.
But all walked off with a very handsome sum of money anyway. We are left with the mess, must all be laughing their heads off. Where is Forever blue now that his Miss Dynamite has been found out, he definitely needs to have a word with his high powered Financial Advisor. :)

Astonished by this! Surely there's gonna be a fair few clubs sweating after seeing this kind of punishment.

For what it's worth I reckon this is the season to take a 19 point deduction in terms of staying up. Hopefully Dyche can create a siege mentality off the back of this. You've been really decent to watch recently
Definitely is mate. Been talking about Leicester a lot lately. Apart from a mad little run you went on there was no way Leicester weren't a stronger side than Everton last season. To have your boys tank was unbelievably good fortune for us. Then there is the missed pen at your spot. If Leicester was in the league, (last or next season) I would be massively worried about a deduction. This season, I'm not because the 3 who came up aren't good enough and Everton are starting to settle. Don't see this unsettling the players, but galvanising them.

We broke the rules, that's fair and that's a fact. The problem is though the punishment isn't at all consistent. How can you go into administration and get less deducted, for the love of Christ how can you attempt to create a breakaway league which would all but doom the Premier League and only get a fine?! This is incredibly unjust and the Premier League will regret it, VAR has already proved it in front of everyone but this is the final nail in the coffin that the Premier League is utterly corrupt.

Football is no longer for fans like us.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back