6 + 2 Point Deductions

Interest on loans for stadium builds won't count on the PSR calculation.

The loan from MSP will not be on it. The loans from Rights Media will be on it as they are classed as working capital.

Be interested to know how we've breached then if that's true. For this latest charge, we had to have lost a lot more than the repayment and interest on just the 200 million.

I would imagine the MSP and 777 loans would be counted to bump us up to losing 40 million + a year despite selling high value players.

Which is reasonable IF the PL had accepted that they couldn’t go as high as 9 (administration), and couldn’t go as low as 6, because Forests breach was nearly double ours, and had knowledge and complete deliberate intent to breach. They were saying in broad daylight Forest should get more point than Everton, and were paying attention to the precedent set by our appeal.

The PL’s system is a mess, but in this case it’s this IC that has chosen to apply the rules with flagrant disregard to our 2 hearings.
Just to prove how totally independent they are.

Be interested to know how we've breached then if that's true. For this latest charge, we had to have lost a lot more than the repayment and interest on just the 200 million.

I would imagine the MSP and 777 loans would be counted to bump us up to losing 40 million + a year despite selling high value players.

Just have to look at the last set of accounts and see that 90% of our turnover goes on wages.

We are a car crash of a club.

Not sure it would be too difficult.
3 points for a breach.
3 points for a significant breach.
2 points not given back because we are not Tory scabs.
Haha, fair. However the verdict agrees and explicitly states their breach was 77% worse than ours.

If you can spend 35m over and 19m over and you get the same points... well that's a farce isn't it? People have no disincentive to not splurge more/buy another player. And it's worse than 16m difference, it should be seen in percentage terms not % over your allowed threshold. It's the same as another mainstay premier league team spending 55m over the threshold and still getting the same points deduction as we did at 19m.

Seems to be a double standard here. But, putting that to one side, I sympathise with Forest.

1. Why can't they spend and give it a good go of becoming an established prem team?

2. Why like us should they sell off their best assets for a cut fee to bloody Tottenham?

The whole thing is a complete farce. At the very beginning I was expecting a fine or at the very most a 3 point deduction. 3 points alone can result in millions lost and relegation. It just defeats the object of the rules to relegate teams for breaking a rule that's meant to keep teams afloat. It's bonkers.

I've not understood why promoted teams aren't given the same threshold as established premier league sides. You're in the league now, you should be given the same IMO.

Look at the teams that got promoted the last few seasons too...

Burnley - spent £100mill
Luton - spent nothing apart from on the stadium
Sheff United - Sold their best players, not spent anything.

All probably going to get relegated.

Brighton spend £100+mill in their first few seasons after promotion and scrapped survival then sold everyone they bought.

Wolves spent a fortune and had to dodge the FFP bullet by selling.

Villa have spent a fortune reporting record losses. Had to get back in the league, sell their best player, then keep spending to try to break the elite. Now have the brakes on

Just have to look at the last set of accounts and see that 90% of our turnover goes on wages.

We are a car crash of a club.

That still doesn't add up to a 40 million loss on top of selling an Anthony Gordon. If we were paying out big transfer fees on top I'd agree, but either someone has severely shafted us or the loans on top that have been primarily used to build the stadium have counted towards PSR.

I think the issue is that the loans haven't been clearly defined as for the stadium, in other words x paid us 100 million and you can see we transferred that to LOR the next day. As I understand it we've taken the money and just say 5 million might have been used for player wages/day to day running costs and then the majority has gone to the stadium. Because of that the judges ruled any interest on the loans could not be taken out of the PSR calc. I think there might be a secondary issue here also, with the change to the rules whether to allow interest payments full stop, defined or not.