6 + 2 Point Deductions

I said up the thread I wouldn't be surprised by anything between 2 and 6 now. Double counting and stuff like Ukraine could be a mitigation, but as second breach, a deteriorating pattern and continuing spend on players during those accounts could be an aggravation. I hope they will accept that a sustainable club needs to invest in players to stay in the league but it seems to depend on what side of bed they got out of.

won’t the panel
go “oh they’ve not listened”

punish them

and we have no defence?

I really miss his inane and tedious number-obsessed borefests.

Sounds like a job for tracksuit thumb.

IMG_4313.jpeg

It's the context of the £89m loss that is the important thing.

We cut wage costs, we made 47m on transfers, and still lost Eighty Nine Million Pounds. And there is no pandemic argument anymore either.

This is a financial mess. This is not sustainable and I don't see any solution unless someone decides to just pump hundreds of millions into the club out of their own good will.
Only solutions I can see is someone comes in pays of the debt and stadium while also pouring equity into then club. This is obviously very unlikely.
Next one is staying in the league this season, however in the summer letting the likes of Onana, braithwaite, Pickford and other high earners go. Replacing them with cheap alternatives on low wages, but can’t really trust are scouting network to get it right.

Full blown panic aside, does anyone have a jar what this means in terms of our latest breach of psr?

Not you @matty1878
No idea, I guess it all depends on how much of any of that they could exempt and where exactly that money is going. Going on pure numbers, 2023 is 89m, 2022 was 24m, 2021 was 106m, and the year that came off in 2020 was 72.5m(though that was averaged with another year so not sure how they counted it post 2021?).

I think I`d halt any panic attack some guys on here are having....

These accounts aren`t what we were hoping to see BUT they are the second lowest in the last 5 years...

YE2019 -£111,8m
YE2020 -£139.8m
YE2021 -£120.9m
YE2022 -£44.7m
YE2023 -£89m
If you want a positive - 2023 accounts include years 20-23 (20 & 21 were COVID years), the 2019 loss has dropped off.

So £111m loss off, £89m loss on

Next year (Year ending June 2024) we lose both COVID years and the accounts will be just the losses from 22, 23 and 24.

I think this highlights getting through this year as a PL team is so important with all overhanging punishments spent then we will see an upturn next season, especially with some big players coming off the books at the end of this season i.e. Gomes, Alli, Gueye, Coleman, Young plus Harrison and Danjuma going back, I reckon them 7 players cost us £530k per week, nearly £28m per year.

TBH I hope all of them go, Gueye might have 1 more season, he earns £80k p/w though.

won’t the panel
go “oh they’ve not listened”

punish them

and we have no defence?
They could do mate.

Or if they're in a good mood and had a nice lunch they could take the view that the underlying issues at the club remain the same as the first breach, and can't be cured quickly (most costs are locked in, you can't just shed them overnight) and that the underlying issues have already been punished by the first deduction.

It'll probably be somewhere in the middle of the two.