6 + 2 Point Deductions

Thanks for the pep talk. Not exactly Shakespeare's Henry V speech on St Crispin's Day. Unfortunately, reality intrudes. These players individually, and as a collective, aren't good enough. We have consistently failed to beat "garbage" teams at home this season, and in some cases actually lost to them such as Luton and Fulham. We will end the season the way we have done too many times, hoping other teams do the work for us by relying on them to get results against our rivals. My fear is that we have been to the well too many times and our luck must run out sometime. I would be really worried even without a looming points deduction on Monday.
They are good enough to stay up though, we are comfortable if we have points back. Problem is we are being royally screwed over with nobody leading the club to fight our corner. We're a lame duck being shot at.

Haven't won in 13 games but we can win 4 out of the last 8 ?

I know they are relatively easy fixtures but in all honesty can you see it?

Best we can hope for is a couple of wins and 3 draws.

Fair enough mate, I'm taking up a 4 year old tomorrow for his first game but I'll tell him that 'jazzy' from the Grand Old Team forum said that we should give up and just accept we're going to get relegated.

We will take 3 points from the derby game to both ensure our survival and scupper RS title hopes at the same time ;)

Nurse!
Nurse!
N U R S E!:Blink:
I wouldn’t go that far but we’ve drawn five of the last six premier league derbies at Goodison and the only one we lost had that mess Benitez in charge so we could certainly get a hard fought draw

So given the one week they have for the verdict and allowing two days for bank holidays club should be hearing today at the latest.

Most likely scenario the same as Forest, taking the weekend for fact checking / not disrupting a game and verdict released on Monday. Not out of the question we hear today though.
Was ours a 3 day hearing for the second charge last week? Bit odd given only one year to look at (unless this IC reviews the whole assessment period as though the previous charge never happened - do documented rules on this obviously).

Forest were only in there 2 days, and most of that was handing out choccies and signed kits.

So given the one week they have for the verdict and allowing two days for bank holidays club should be hearing today at the latest.

Most likely scenario the same as Forest, taking the weekend for fact checking / not disrupting a game and verdict released on Monday. Not out of the question we hear today though.
I really hope we hear today. Some might call it disruptive, but I'd argue that having it hanging over our heads yet again is even worse. I want to know exactly what points we're on so we know how many we need to survive. The players need to adopt an us vs the world attitude and play out of their skins to stay up out of pure spite, if nothing else.

I really hope we hear today. Some might call it disruptive, but I'd argue that having it hanging over our heads yet again is even worse. I want to know exactly what points we're on so we know how many we need to survive. The players need to adopt an us vs the world attitude and play out of their skins to stay up out of pure spite, if nothing else.
I agree. At this point of the season nothing is more important than clarity no matter what the outcome was.

Was ours a 3 day hearing for the second charge last week? Bit odd given only one year to look at (unless this IC reviews the whole assessment period as though the previous charge never happened - do documented rules on this obviously).

Forest were only in there 2 days, and most of that was handing out choccies and signed kits.
Yeah I thought it was interesting we were in for three days. I suppose in a way that could be seen positively in that we must have put forward a number of arguments and complicating factors over the three days. Might as well throw as much at the wall and see what sticks when we’re still in uncharted territory.

I guess the extra arguments over double punishment of prior years and to what extent the second breach is consequential on the first and the timing of the first decision etc will be a factor. The numbers look pretty stark but there could be all sorts of complicating factors behind them.