6 + 2 Point Deductions

I think he means that if you can only breach once every season (as a rolling season is taken off and added in)…..why is there two accounting period breaches being sanctioned on the one season.

I assume it's because the first charge we got was late from when it occured. The 'when' charges fall has looked murky from the beginning and is why people are saying be charged in the year you fail basically.

Same with City's. They'll get charged in one season, for offences spanning multiple.

I wonder if the timings of releasing this verdict and any appeal might influence the PL on the IC... In my view Everton should appeal any points deduction, on the following basis:-

3 points breach
3 points for amount of breach
-4 for punishment already served
-2 for being over punished in 1st charge
=0

That would leave us -6 for 2 breaches and as we are...

We don`t know the outcome, if that is released next week and if I was Everton I`d wait the full 7 days before announcing any appeal.

Then we have at least 2/3 weeks to get the appeal set up, then we got the appeal hearing week before the verdict weeks later, by that time the season will be over, PL rules state everything has to be decided by the last weekend.

I thought Forest got that, soft punishment for no appeal, perhaps this was the case which has backfired on the PL.

Forest are appealing the soft punishment aren't they?

If there's any points deduction you appeal it given how late in the season it is now.

To me it's an open goal if it's just something like -2 points as then you can just state the case the premier league are just making it up even more and doing a points deduction just to look busy rather than any substance behind it. And they also want to change the rules on FFP in 18 months so that's another angle for the lawyers to look at.

-6 and that becomes very difficult to whittle back down to zero so let's hope it's nowhere near as draconian as the first punishment was.

The one certainty here is the first punishment was four points too severe and that was proven in the first appeal so can't see why the methodology of that can't be applied again given the circumstances are similar.

I assume it's because the first charge we got was late from when it occured. The 'when' charges fall has looked murky from the beginning and is why people are saying be charged in the year you fail basically.

Same with City's. They'll get charged in one season, for offences spanning multiple.
Yeah, impossible now to get out of it being incredibly unfair on someone. Just so happens that it's going to be unfair on Everton.

If we're penalised it will only be for the 1 year that wasn't included in the first charge.

It's persisent failure so persistent punishments.
I thought there were only rules for double jeopardy in the EFL so they could still do us for the same years again if they want to be tits about it, even though it would be incredibly harsh.