6 + 2 Point Deductions

If they have been capitalised in the financial statements then are the league really going to argue against a set of accounts which have been audited?

This is just getting so weird.
I agree, the auditors have confirmed that the accounts show a true and fair view. The duty of auditing is not a joke, they have to express an opinion based on both legal and accounting standards. The commission questioning the auditors is not a good place to go!

It also said that the club and league remain in dispute over costs related to the new stadium - with the Premier League saying these costs should count as PSR losses, while Everton argue they should be excluded and have capitalised them on their latest audited accounts.

The same independent commission will meet to decide the issue at a later date and, if it agrees with the Premier League, could issue further punishment.

However, the commission said this issue cannot be dealt with using the expediated PSR process introduced this season so is unlikely to be resolved before the end of the campaign.

I agree, the auditors have confirmed that the accounts show a true and fair view. The duty of auditing is not a joke, they have to express an opinion based on both legal and accounting standards. The commission questioning the auditors is not a good place to go!

But that's just it, it's an opinion. The PSR calculation doesn't follow IFRS, so there's no need for the PL to follow that.

If the loan documents haven't changed, I doubt we have much standing there.

So the mitigation of usm is taken into account albiet only half a point but in the 1st deduction we should have predicted a full scsle war.
Make it make sense