6 + 2 Point Deductions

Anyone broken down where the £16mill came from?

Last time it was £9mill if mitigations were considered (which they weren't).
This?

thresghold.png

I've never seen that audited numbers are the starting point to calculate the Adjusted Earnings Before Tax. You can make that assumption, but the calculation has nothing to do with GAAP so it's meaningless assumption and a meaningless starting point.

You can negotiate with auditors. I did last year. I didn't say you can tell an auditor what to do.

What has changed from last year to this year to allow the capitalization of those costs? If the loan documents have been amended, then it's open and shut in our favor.

If they were not, then we're either in breach of PSR or we're in breach of the loan documents. Both can't be true.

New auditors...doesn't seem like we were getting what we wanted out of the process.

My understanding is that all the clubs had to submit audited accounts to the FA within 3 months of year end. I might be wrong on that point, but it would make sense that the FA would demand that.

I agree you can negotiate and argue your point with auditors, sometimes you convince them, other times not. The club obviously did because the '22 accounts were restated. I presume they were able to demonstrate increase in interest charges as loans were drawn down to pay the builders.