6 + 2 Point Deductions

Not sure I follow you entirely. Forest got 4, but I think it was 6 with 2 back for "exceptional" cooperation. A quick review of our IC decision on this charge shows that the IC did not deem our cooperation to be exceptional. Apparently, our cooperation was just "reasonably high." <sigh>
=================
257. On balance, however, we are not able to characterise Everton’s cooperation as exceptional. It does not in our view surpass what was required of the Club under the Rules. As observed by the Everton Appeal Board, “reasonable cooperation and openness is a requirement of the contractual relationship between the PL clubs” (at[113]) and the “reasonable level of cooperation to be expected of clubs in respect of the PSR mechanics and process is relatively high” (at [91]). Bearing those observations in mind, we take the view that while the Club's level of cooperation here was reasonably high, it was not exceptional. We therefore leave this out of account.

I mean its just.... words fail me. At least words I can write here.

So 2 more potential deductions next season with the stadium interest argument and if we dont sell big again before 30th June.

Better not be selling Branthwaite for £35m to Spurs on 29th. They can do one.

Well Forest have shown they can break the rules and wait now like they did for Johnson so we may as well

He makes good points as always.

I don’t pretend to understand all of the interest issue (and no footy fan should have to) but if our auditors have signed it off it’s at least a valid, justifiable, way of treating it otherwise they couldn’t do it. If it were clearly and obviously wrong the IC could have surely ruled that, if it’s so unclear that they need time to figure it out then surely the benefit of the doubt should go to the audited accounts as stated.

It seems so unnecessarily vindictive for the PL to pursue when they’ve got 8 of the 17 they requested.

Paddy Power have kicked off more than we have >

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408-195714.png
    Screenshot_20240408-195714.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 2
Can a financial nerd please explain the audited part, what are the PL disputing? Are they saying ourselves and independent auditors have collaborated?