777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Also, I don’t think they have any interest in buying the stadium from the club and leasing it back. They don’t seem to be the type to tie up 750 million in a physical asset.

More likely the keep the club, sell the stadium to finance the purchase of the club.

Same sort of outcome, but I don’t see them owning BMD in either case.
Who would they sell the stadium to ?
Presumably whoever bought it would lease it back to the club?
That would be money they would have to pay out and given their propensity to renege on monies owed, I don’t foresee that ending well.

They won’t invest , they haven’t done elsewhere.
They will sell what they can to ( goodbye Pickford )
They will raise admission prices,
They will try to con the fans into funding the club themselves with worthless bonds and sub standard overpriced financial products.
At best we will continue languish in the lower half of the league through lack of investment.
More likely we will drop to the championship , but as long as the supporters continue to support the team and provide their profit , that will be enough for them.
I am basing this gloomy outlook on their public statements , the history of this group and their performance in clubs they have already gained an interest in.
There is literally not one positive thing I have read about them.
Sounds like we've been taken over by Brittania.

I fear that they're going to mortgage the new stadium in the club's name to raise capital. Then take that money out of the club to do what they want, and leave it to us to repay the debt. It won't matter to them if the club can repay the loan or not, they'll have already extracted more than enough money from the refinancing to have made the purchase worthwhile.

They won’t invest , they haven’t done elsewhere.
They will sell what they can to ( goodbye Pickford )
They will raise admission prices,
They will try to con the fans into funding the club themselves with worthless bonds and sub standard overpriced financial products.
At best we will continue languish in the lower half of the league through lack of investment.
More likely we will drop to the championship , but as long as the supporters continue to support the team and provide their profit , that will be enough for them.
I am basing this gloomy outlook on their public statements , the history of this group and their performance in clubs they have already gained an interest in.
There is literally not one positive thing I have read about them.
I agree with all that. Also want to say that as a private equity firm they will just want to make a profit for their investors. They won’t give a crap about investing in the club.

The "sizeable" loan could have been handy a month ago lads.

You're on thin ice.

I still think we should crowd fund. Become the peoples club. We could Pay Per View the sacking of Kenwright. Basically become all access. Provide the utopian idea of ownership between club and fans.

I mean we may as well go all out with a dream situations, it doesn't seem as playing straight up is working, if we go down let's have fun doing it.

Who would they sell the stadium to ?
Presumably whoever bought it would lease it back to the club?
That would be money they would have to pay out and given their propensity to renege on monies owed, I don’t foresee that ending well.
If it ever comes to that 777 get into BMD first, then it is more than likely that it would not be sold on easily. It is a much more tangible and non-volatile asset (infra), so they will leverage it so high that it would be nearly impossible to sell it normally. So as a counterbalance, at least we know GP is only just mortgaged (probably).

I fear that they're going to mortgage the new stadium in the club's name to raise capital. Then take that money out of the club to do what they want, and leave it to us to repay the debt. It won't matter to them if the club can repay the loan or not, they'll have already extracted more than enough money from the refinancing to have made the purchase worthwhile.
With the loans already taken out to complete the stadium, its effectively already mortgaged. Between the footballing part of the club, and the stadium part of the club, there's only so many assets that can be used as security against additional loans. Seeing as the media company pretty much have security over everything except the players and probably some naming and licensing rights, there's not much else that can be put on hock.