777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
there is nothing new in the article. just speculation and the same things we have been discussing the last couple of weeks.
The reasoning behind that article was this:

Chimp: "Boss, Everton just had a great away win and look to have settled themselves down"

Boss chimp: "Put out loads of stories this week about leveraged debt and 777...Genoa and Hertha fans protests...and maybe throw in a story about a points deduction".

Chimp: "Sound".

The reasoning behind that article was this:

Chimp: "Boss, Everton just had a great away win and look to have settled themselves down"

Boss chimp: "Put out loads of stories this week about leveraged debt and 777...Genoa and Hertha fans protests...and maybe throw in a story about a points deduction".

Chimp: "Sound".
The only surprise is its Joe Thomas fronting it.
He's called the club out quite a bit , looks like he's had his collar felt.

The only surprise is its Joe Thomas fronting it.
He's called the club out quite a bit , looks like he's had his collar felt.
There's not one good and honest reporter at the Echo...if they were they wouldn't be working there.

If they're hired to cover football they know what the drill is: pump Liverpool up and truckle to their psychotic support; quietly undermine Everton and deflate their support.

Some realities that some are in denial about.

1) If we don't accept these buyers there is a chance no one else steps forward (we are not that an attractive proposition right now) and we go down/disappear.
2) No investor is going to buy a Premier league club right now and blatently asset strip it until there is nothing left. Not going to happen would be a reputational disaster for an investor.
3) The idea of setting up investment opportunities for very small scale fan 'investors' like they did with the other club they bought is a positive thing, not a bad thing (we all love how the German clubs are fan owned don't we?)

I don't think it's denial, I think it's basic genuine concern.

1. There is a chance no-one else would be interested, but I think it's a very slim one. MSP appeared very interested only a few weeks ago.... We've no idea about who else who might be waiting to see what transpires in the coming weeks regards the commission and/or if the team begins to shape up. At the very least, I'm sure there are more sharks wanting to make a killing where these came from. There may even be others with more genuine ambition and intention.

2. As I understand it, we are just being added to a portfolio. What is to say that other parts of that portfolio might take precedence over what we might consider to be our best interests? Not so much asset-stripped, as asset-shared perhaps? Could go both ways of course, but to deny the existence of asset stripping ownership seems at least a bit clunky as an argument in favour of 777 or the shared-ownership model.

3. I don't know the numbers, but to get to fan ownership ie 51% would require a massive investment from our fanbase. Say they get the club for £500m, then the fans would need to raise £250m.... for 40,000 fan-investors that would be over £6k each. Is that realistic? Is it realistic to expect them to really do that when they have their own investors who want a profit?

At present, we've no idea what their intentions our. We could simply be a quick flip for once the stadium is complete, where they can see an easy value-margin to exploit. They might've simply muscled themselves into our fire-sale seeing that opportunity and a badly floundering owner desperate to get rid. Early bird and all that...

Some realities that some are in denial about.

1) If we don't accept these buyers there is a chance no one else steps forward (we are not that an attractive proposition right now) and we go down/disappear.
2) No investor is going to buy a Premier league club right now and blatently asset strip it until there is nothing left. Not going to happen would be a reputational disaster for an investor.
3) The idea of setting up investment opportunities for very small scale fan 'investors' like they did with the other club they bought is a positive thing, not a bad thing (we all love how the German clubs are fan owned don't we?)

If 777 don't get the takeover agreed...there will be buyers out there ready to swoop in. But not at Moshiri's asking price.

I can't see 777 asset stripping the club. What they will do is try to squeeze every commercial drop out of it without anymore investment other than finishing the stadium.

Getting a foot in the premiership is a cash cow for them which will help facilitate what other plans they have in the other leagues they have club's at.

Personally see that it would be more of a Mile Ashley-type reign than a Glazer's.

We'd then need a Moyes-type stability on the pitch pulling rabbits out the hat.

As for 777 themselves though...they're being very aggressive the past few years gobbling up club's. It's why I can't see an issue with the not passing the fit and proper tests.

Cos if there's an issue with them being unable to buy us...the 7 other or so clubs they own will be looking very shaky from an investor POV in terms of these being the right people.

I don't think it's denial, I think it's basic genuine concern.

1. There is a chance no-one else would be interested, but I think it's a very slim one. MSP appeared very interested only a few weeks ago.... We've no idea about who else who might be waiting to see what transpires in the coming weeks regards the commission and/or if the team begins to shape up. At the very least, I'm sure there are more sharks wanting to make a killing where these came from. There may even be others with more genuine ambition and intention.

2. As I understand it, we are just being added to a portfolio. What is to say that other parts of that portfolio might take precedence over what we might consider to be our best interests? Not so much asset-stripped, as asset-shared perhaps? Could go both ways of course, but to deny the existence of asset stripping ownership seems at least a bit clunky as an argument in favour of 777 or the shared-ownership model.

3. I don't know the numbers, but to get to fan ownership ie 51% would require a massive investment from our fanbase. Say they get the club for £500m, then the fans would need to raise £250m.... for 40,000 fan-investors that would be over £6k each. Is that realistic? Is it realistic to expect them to really do that when they have their own investors who want a profit?

At present, we've no idea what their intentions our. We could simply be a quick flip for once the stadium is complete, where they can see an easy value-margin to exploit. They might've simply muscled themselves into our fire-sale seeing that opportunity and a badly floundering owner desperate to get rid. Early bird and all that...
MSP was a totally different scenario to the full takeover from 777.
They were only "investing" in 25% of the club , to me that would have been a disaster with Moshiri & Kenwright still running the club. Moshiri not putting up anymore money in it would just be kicking the can down the road and the club deeper in debt.

If there's a worry 777 come in for a quick flip they would have to do everything right to make it attractive to any prospective buyers ( hopefully an Oil state that wants a finished product )

Of course we all want a Sheik to rock up & that may happen in the future .

Either way this deal has to happen.

MSP was a totally different scenario to the full takeover from 777.
They were only "investing" in 25% of the club , to me that would have been a disaster with Moshiri & Kenwright still running the club. Moshiri not putting up anymore money in it would just be kicking the can down the road and the club deeper in debt.

If there's a worry 777 come in for a quick flip they would have to do everything right to make it attractive to any prospective buyers ( hopefully an Oil state that wants a finished product )

Of course we all want a Sheik to rock up & that may happen in the future .

Either way this deal has to happen.

I think the MSP equity offer option would've only been the prelude to either a bigger or full take-over, as it was apparent by that point that Moshiri was finished and wanted out.... and I'm not sure BK would've survived that deal or their greater involvement. The other benefit of MSP is that it wouldn't have involved this multi-club model..... we've no idea how that is supposed to work, with seemingly few of the current portfolio actually singing its praises, as far as I'm aware.

I have no love of 777... or any particular hate either tbh.

However, I don't understand the logic that if the deal for 777 falls through then we may magically find better owners. The probability is that if 777 are not approved then the next line of investors(if there are any) will be even worse.

I think if any investor existed with deep pockets who was ambitious for Everton to become a successful and wealthy club would already have expressed their interest.

I do think however that Moshiri is selling not because he wants but because he needs to and if this sale falls through then I think we may then be in a very bad place.

However, I don't understand the logic that if the deal for 777 falls through then we may magically find better owners. The probability is that if 777 are not approved then the next line of investors(if there are any) will be even worse.
That logic doesn't follow.

The next in line would doubtless offer Moshiri less. It doesn't mean they'd be worse owners, just a worse option for him personally to sell to.