777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

@AndyC looking back do you think the fans should have campaigned harder, protested more robustly and disruptive to get the point across that enough was enough?

Would it have helped at least then to prevent some of the situation we are in now?

I remember at the time, you were a big advocate of not going too far.

@AndyC looking back do you think the fans should have campaigned harder, protested more robustly and disruptive to get the point across that enough was enough?

Would it have helped at least then to prevent some of the situation we are in now?

I remember at the time, you were a big advocate of not going too far.
I was an advocate of things not getting out of hand eg violent and potentially bringing the club and the fan base in general into disrepute.

As far as whether we should have campaigned harder and more robustly, yes probably.

What I most definitely wished for and still do is that more of the fan base had bothered to participate... the initial protest at Goodison saw probably only about 100 fans bother to turn up and voice discontent... and despite many more taking part in the marches up Spellow Lane, at the risk of alienating some Blues, it was extremely disappointing and saddening to see other Blues laughing at and ridiculing the marches as we passed by on Goodison Road.

Taking part was never compulsory and having a genuine reason not to is/was fine... but, being laughed at and ridiculed and having people comment in a derogatory manner on social media was unfair towards Blues prepared to protest with passion and especially in a well-behaved manner.

Last edited:
I was an advocate of things not getting out of hand eg violent and potentially becoming the club and the fan base in general into disrepute.

As far as whether we should have campaigned harder and more robustly, yes probably.

What I most definitely wished for and still do is that more of the fan base had bothered to participate... the initial protest at Goodison saw probably only about 100 fans bother to turn up and voice discontent... and despite many more taking part in the marches up Spellow Lane, at the risk of alienating some Blues, it was extremely disappointing and saddening to see other Blues laughing at and ridiculing the marches as we passed by on Goodison Road.

Taking part was never compulsory and having a genuine reason not to is/was fine... but, being laughed at and ridiculed and having people comment in a derogatory manner on social media was unfair towards Blues prepared to protest with passion and especially in a well-behaved manner.
Fair enough points well made

777 borrowed money from Marouane Fellaini, €3million that they borrowed from him a year ago AND if they don’t pay the payment to Bruno Venanzi (former owner of S Liege) by the end of Apr, they lose control of the club.
I don't believe that they borrowed money from fellaini...fellaini gave standard a loan of 3 millions 4 years ago to the previous owner of the club.

Fair enough points well made
Furthermore, and it's perhaps rather apt to mention it... at the time of the initial protests and the subsequent marches... whilst there was very definitely antipathy towards the way the club was/is owned and run by the then BoD, there was more - in my opinion - anger and frustration that persons within the club had actually colluded to create and publicise claims AGAINST the fan base that were categorically refuted and unproven.

Headlockgate set the club against the fans not the fans against the club... and the fans proved that in the most steadfast support for the team, to help the fight to stave off relegation.

Now, we have a third consecutive season of fighting the threat of relegation and if that's not enough of a fight for the team and fans, we have a chaotic takeover bid floundering, an absentee owner demonstrating what could be considered as dereliction of his duty as a director of the club, and a club that has graced the top flight of English football for more seasons than any other on a very real precipice of administration that would almost certainly see relegation become nigh on impossible to prevent... barring some on-field miracles that we rarely seem to enjoy.

Furthermore, and it's perhaps rather apt to mention it... at the time of the initial protests and the subsequent marches... whilst there was very definitely antipathy towards the way the club was/is owned and run by the then BoD, there was more - in my opinion - anger and frustration that persons within the club had actually colluded to create and publicise claims AGAINST the fan base that were categorically refuted and unproven.

Headlockgate set the club against the fans not the fans against the club... and the fans proved that in the most steadfast support for the team, to help the fight to stave off relegation.

Now, we have a third consecutive season of fighting the threat of relegation and if that's not enough of a fight for the team and fans, we have a chaotic takeover bid floundering, an absentee owner demonstrating what could be considered as dereliction of his duty as a director of the club, and a club that has graced the top flight of English football for more seasons than any other on a very real precipice of administration that would almost certainly see relegation become nigh on impossible to prevent... barring some on-field miracles that we rarely seem to enjoy.

and this club due to all the problems and would never come back