777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You keep banging on about them getting 550m. Why? It's utter delusion.

I mean im gonna believe Forbes and Reuters over you.

No offence Jinks.

According to a September article by Reuters, “Everton have been sold to 777 Partners, the struggling Premier League club said on Friday, with the U.S. private equity firm taking over from Farhad Moshiri in a deal reports said was worth more than 550 million pounds ($685 million). The Miami-based investment fund said it had signed an agreement with British-Iranian billionaire Moshiri to acquire his 94.1% stake in the club. The deal is expected to be closed by the end of the year, a club statement said. “

In May, Forbes valued Everton at $744 million, the 25th-most in the world among soccer teams.

Forbes values the club at 700million

But sure, its totally not delusional to think we would get more than 60m.

In May, Forbes valued Everton at $744 million, the 25th-most in the world among soccer teams.

I mean im gonna believe Forbes over you.

No offence Jinks.

Despite an announcement almost two months ago that 777 Parters had reached an agreement to buy Everton FC, the U.S. investment firm is still trying to raise the money to close the deal.

According to a September article by Reuters, “Everton have been sold to 777 Partners, the struggling Premier League club said on Friday, with the U.S. private equity firm taking over from Farhad Moshiri in a deal reports said was worth more than 550 million pounds ($685 million). The Miami-based investment fund said it had signed an agreement with British-Iranian billionaire Moshiri to acquire his 94.1% stake in the club. The deal is expected to be closed by the end of the year, a club statement said. “

Shortly after the sale agreement was announced, it was reported that Premier League team owners were concerned over the source of 777 Partner’s funding for the acquisition. Sources told me at the time that they heard the money was coming from Colombia drug money.

The U.S. investment firm appears to still be scrounging for cash to buy the English soccer team.

The outlook for Everton became more daunting a week ago when the team was docked 10 points, the heaviest punishment ever handed to a Premier League team, for breaching financial rules. Under Premier League rules, clubs are allowed to lose a maximum of £105 million ($132 million) over three years. The commission found Everton overreached its allowed losses by £19.5 million ($25 million). Everton is appealing the decision.

After narrowly avoiding relegation to the Championship last season, Everton was—prior to that points loss—14th in the Premier League, eight points above the bottom three teams. It has also been reported that Everton could face a £300 million ($378 million) legal challenge from rival clubs if it avoids relegation from the Premier League this season.

The Associated Press is reporting that Everton fans marched in the thousands to Goodison Park ahead of today’s match against Manchester United.

Everton’s supporters might have further reason to protest if 777 Partners cannot close the deal.

You are being naive in the extreme.

When you buy a house for 500k and the owner still owes 400k on it, he's not getting the 500k is he.

You are being naive in the extreme.

When you buy a house for 500k and the owner still owes 400k on it, he's not getting the 500k is he.
What are you even talking about?

You asked why I think its 550m, I then took the trouble to link to articles that backed up what I said.

Reuters

Forbes

Your move.

No offence Jinks.

Tbf I'd believe the beano over Jinks

Tbf I'd believe the beano over Jinks

Reuters has been ranked as the second most trustworthy news brand in the world, according to the GlobalWebIndex 2019 News Consumption Report. The report focuses on understanding the changing news landscape, with a spotlight on news media and news consumption.
Reuters tied for second place with DW, with 49 percent of respondents describing it as a trustworthy news brand.

Ranked 2nd most reliable media source in the world.

Yet im being called delusional for believing what they write.

What are you even talking about?

You asked why I think its 550m, I then took the trouble to link to articles that backed up what I said.

Reuters

Forbes

Your move.

You keep saying he isn't gonna sell if he walks away with 50,60m etc.

What planet is he going to walk away with anything more when the valuation of the sale is such that it just about covers the MSP debt, RM debt and liability on stadium.

Can someone explain how we even are AT this point? How are we 550m in debt, is it the stadium?
Pretty much.

And its not 550m debt, its around 1billion.

So, in total, including shareholder loans, but before trade creditors (outstanding transfer payments) Everton have £1 billion of debt.

No offence Jinks.

If only it was $777million we could take it as a sign from the heavens...

Pretty much.

And its not 550m debt, its around 1billion.

So, in total, including shareholder loans, but before trade creditors (outstanding transfer payments) Everton have £1 billion of debt.
Shareholder loans that bear no interest and have no defined repayment terms are not debt.

The 550 million value quoted is the Enterprise Value. Which is the sum of equity and debt. In this case the debt is defined (R&M, Metro, MSP) and the equity is the sale price minus that debt.

Can someone explain how we even are AT this point? How are we 550m in debt, is it the stadium?
The stadium, the loans, the yearly spend on players, wages and a new manager. Finally paying off our Board. And losing our real cash cow once Putin needed to feel big.... Oh yeah, and the filling of the vending machines..

Shareholder loans that bear no interest and have no defined repayment terms are not debt.

The 550 million value quoted is the Enterprise Value. Which is the sum of equity and debt. In this case the debt is defined (R&M, Metro, MSP) and the equity is the sale price minus that debt.
Ok, we have 550m EXTERNAL debt and 450m in shareholder loans.

But yes, its not debt in the true sense of the word.

I also think you should consider that the shareholder loans remain on our balance sheet, far too many people are willing to just ignore them as something thats not a factor, they are very much a factor.