777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At

At the last shareholders quarterly meeting Colin Chong said that the club has had contact from other interested parties (plural). They may be contractually obliged to see through the current process with 777 before anyone else gets a sniff, or everyone involved might be just playing a game of brinkmanship/chicken to see how our relegation battle goes and/or to secure their best deal.
That’s nice of them

I mean if we’re being honest, they’re the true vultures. Waiting and debating while the club burns from the inside out

Standard Liege and Vasco De Ga fans might say different.
I'm always very wary of current Fan Happiness as a metric for how well a club is being run. I think there's a massive time lag between business decisions and their long term impact on the pitch and that impact on fan happiness.

For example, a lot of the Moshiri decisions were very bad decisions. Signing really expensive "name" players in their late 20s with no potential sell-on, no one cared at the time - "not our money". We were all happy when our expensive world class manager was winning games with his expensive players (for a few months!) but those were bad decisions and the decisions that have lead to where we are a few years later with hundreds of millions of transfer fees and wages having walked out the door for no return.

Now we are making (somewhat forced) better business decisions, cutting high earners, making a profit in the transfer market, and we are all utterly miserable. But this is necessary and hopefully the impact will be a positive one in the medium term.

Bad business decisions can make fans happier quicker than good ones, but the impact is only felt years down the line. In a lot of ways bad decisions are much easier than good ones because for both fans and owner you can get instant gratification. That's not long term thinking though.

So given how long it takes for these decisions to have an impact I'm wary of judging 777 on the happiness of fans at clubs they've recently bought. A lot of that unhappiness will be down to legacy decisions.

Well they best show their hand because this club is about to implode , it really is that simple.

Who to? They've shown it to the club, and some others..... However, if the club is legally obliged or finamcially beholden to 777, what can they do? At the end of the day, they will also want to see what transpires and get the best deal for themselves too.

Might be not much they can do if a sale is subject to a contract we signed months ago, and already supposedly going through due process.
There’s nothing stopping them publicly saying anything. This 777 saga has been going on for months, if someone did want to buy us and start forcing things then a statement/leak would change the entire landscape

But nobody does, they’ll pick at the bones to get at the stadium.

I'm always very wary of current Fan Happiness as a metric for how well a club is being run. I think there's a massive time lag between business decisions and their long term impact on the pitch and that impact on fan happiness.

For example, a lot of the Moshiri decisions were very bad decisions. Signing really expensive "name" players in their late 20s with no potential sell-on, no one cared at the time - "not our money". We were all happy when our expensive world class manager was winning games with his expensive players (for a few months!) but those were bad decisions and the decisions that have lead to where we are a few years later with hundreds of millions of transfer fees and wages having walked out the door for no return.

Now we are making (somewhat forced) better business decisions, cutting high earners, making a profit in the transfer market, and we are all utterly miserable. But this is necessary and hopefully the impact will be a positive one in the medium term.

Bad business decisions can make fans happier quicker than good ones, but the impact is only felt years down the line. In a lot of ways bad decisions are much easier than good ones because for both fans and owner you can get instant gratification. That's not long term thinking though.

So given how long it takes for these decisions to have an impact I'm wary of judging 777 on the happiness of fans at clubs they've recently bought. A lot of that unhappiness will be down to legacy decisions.

I don't disagree with any of that. I dont know if the discontent at those clubs is unfounded or not..... but there does appear to be a lot of financial issues surrounding 777 and concerns regarding their multi-club model.

The Hertha Berlin example shows some positives, but apart from stabilising the previous regime's basket case economics by restructing debt to avert administration, I'm not sure that there is anything significant beyond what would've happened anyway. They've come down to a lower league, are one of the biggest clubs in it, and are probably in a postion commensurate with, or below expectation for their size and financial state..... as they've done repeatedly throughout their history.

Our position is different. Unlike Hertha, we are not comfortably the biggest club in our city. We are also in far more debt, with much more to lose financially if we are relegated, and 777 didn't require a massive loan to secure Hertha's ownership.

The Esk needs to understand that what Goodley is doing is detrimental to Everton Football Club and constantly validating his campaign means that The Esk is also acting against the best interests of the club. I have no doubt that The Esk's bodyguard mod will be along shortly to chastise me but how The Esk has positioned himself as the voice of the fan base, and the Guardian's on call hatchet man, is fundamentally dishonest and his almost incessant calls for the club to be placed in administration is an outrageous call for the potential destruction of the club that we all, for some reason, love. He seems very much to be a malign actor at the moment and I'm not sure what he sees as the end goal.
Very well said

At

At the last shareholders quarterly meeting Colin Chong said that the club has had contact from other interested parties (plural). They may be contractually obliged to see through the current process with 777 before anyone else gets a sniff, or everyone involved might be just playing a game of brinkmanship/chicken to see how our relegation battle goes and/or to secure their best deal.
Doesn't look like the club are contractually obliged to 777 It's been going on for almost 8 months with possible deadlines missed.

The only obligation I can see was 777 to meet April the 15th's deadline with MSP not the club.
Now that has come and gone with an extension .

If Chong is to be believed and there are/ were other "parties" then that surely suggests Moshiri & the club are not under obligation to 777. So if there is
dialogue with other parties that means there is no exclusivity period.

I'm of the opinion there is no one else.

Doesn't look like the club are contractually obliged to 777 It's been going on for almost 8 months with possible deadlines missed.

The only obligation I can see was 777 to meet April the 15th's deadline with MSP not the club.

If Chong is to be believed and there are/ were other "parties" then that surely suggests Moshiri & the club are not under obligation to 777. So if there is

Technically the club is already sold to 777 subject only to PL approval .
Until Moshiri decides to look elsewhere , and he seems willing to wait for 777 to hustle the money from somewhere however long it take them , there is little any other interested party can do publicly.

I don't disagree with any of that. I dont know if the discontent at those clubs is unfounded or not..... but there does appear to be a lot of financial issues surrounding 777 and concerns regarding their multi-club model.

The Hertha Berlin example shows some positives, but apart from stabilising the previous regime's basket case economics by restructing debt to avert administration, I'm not sure that there is anything significant beyond what would've happened anyway. They've come down to a lower league, are one of the biggest clubs in it, and are probably in a postion commensurate with, or below expectation for their size and financial state..... as they've done repeatedly throughout their history.

Our position is different. Unlike Hertha, we are not comfortably the biggest club in our city. We are also in far more debt, with much more to lose financially if we are relegated, and 777 didn't require a massive loan to secure Hertha's ownership.
Union are a bigger club then Hertha now 😁
Apart from that I agree with everything else you say .

chong is only they’re till 777 say otherwise?