777 Partners - New Poll Added 18/10/23

New Poll... are you in favour of 777 Partners acquiring Everton FC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay I must have missed the protests down the streets or outside goodison for the esk, or the massive esk thread that compares with that of moshiri or kenwright.
The huge difference is that the Esk has no say in club matters, he’s just an internet WUM. Marches against board members are against people who can impact the club - entirely useless protests, but at least targeted against the right people.

I’m no advocate of either Esk or Board to be clear.

Well you would have missed those protests for the esk because there wasn’t any.

Don’t act soft mate , you know exactly what I’m getting at.

Why can’t they just ignore the fella if he’s such a nuisance. If he wants an audience/attention then why give him it constantly. Apathy is the solution to people like that.
There doesn't really need to be a solution, he's getting buzzed off for leading with his ego

Oh absolutely. Seems a bit wedded to his big idea to save us I guess. But he does clearly have professional experience. Big difference between qualified professionals and “successful businessmen” who have self-taught how to analyse publicly available statutory information then got carried away with a cabal of internet sleuthsters who no-one had heard of 8 months ago.

Accountants often make terrible businessmen (I can confirm). It’s a totally different mindset. Businessmen would end up thrown out of the institute and probably prosecuted if they tried to be accountants. Add in a sprinkling of desire for internet notoriety or to be representative of the entire fanbase and you end up 28 tonnes of speculative 💩 which can’t be affected by anyone who’s reading it.

It’s very true no one is forced to read any of it. Sadly though, as far fetched as it sounds, creditors will, would be investors will. People now scour the internet when recruiting an apprentice to check nothing is amiss. Imagine spouting damning financial speculation as fact in the US if the companies involved were listed, and if you were in some way involved and a qualified professional. Just because it’s football related it’s a free for all.

Mosh can’t get his shoes on the right feet. People not involved have absolutely no idea what’s going on.

He seems to understand finance, which is different than accounting. Esk is the opposite. He also seems to be less level-headed when he responds to the Esk which isn't the best look.

There are a few holes in his logic, however:

The transfer market and Sky money isn't helping us the next 45 days or so, which also seems to be the time frame on the MSP extension.

There's an assumption he makes that they aren't already doing some of those things (Delaying payments to creditors, transfers etc).

Saying the finance team is incompetent if they can't get 12-24 million in bridge funding with no collateral, no free cash flow, an undetermined ownership situation and a current owner who has stopped funding this business is a bit hyperbolic. They may very well be incompetent, but this wouldn't be why.

There's the assertion that Moshiri would be pressured into giving the club away, which is not rooted in reality. If this is what the Esk is after, it's a frivolous effort.

Equally so the creditors. The only major creditor at the moment that should be anxious is 777, the subject of the original tweet.

Logically, it's still in everyone's interest to keep the club as a going concern, but like always time is not on our side.

Someone posted this scenario earlier and I've been thinking about it since. What if the club did go in to administration this season and we were 9 points clear of the drop. Would that then be a good or a bad thing for both the fans and the future of EFC?

I can't in a million years see it happening as it's simply not an option for Moshiri, I think he has to start pumping more cash in if the 777 loans stopped.
However, if it did happen, after the taxman had his cut and the preferred creditors were paid out then surely a person/consortium would find it more attactive to purchase us from the administrators with a lot less debt than we're saddled with now. I bet a few would be buyers are weighing this option up. As it is now it's 777 or nobody, debts and all. At the end of the day our fear of administration was the fear it meant certain relegation.

Someone posted this scenario earlier and I've been thinking about it since. What if the club did go in to administration this season and we were 9 points clear of the drop. Would that then be a good or a bad thing for both the fans and the future of EFC?

I can't in a million years see it happening as it's simply not an option for Moshiri, I think he has to start pumping more cash in if the 777 loans stopped.
However, if it did happen, after the taxman had his cut and the preferred creditors were paid out then surely a person/consortium would find it more attactive to purchase us from the administrators with a lot less debt than we're saddled with now. I bet a few would be buyers are weighing this option up. As it is now it's 777 or nobody, debts and all. At the end of the day our fear of administration was the fear it meant certain relegation.
Administration would be utterly horrific.

We might lose a few of our debts on paper, but we also lose the majority of the squad.

Now you might consider that a good thing, but they wouldnt be getting top dollar for the players and we would be left playing the Under 12s next season, which would mean 100% relegation.

We might lose a few of our debts on paper, but we also lose the majority of the squad.

Now you might consider that a good thing, but they wouldnt be getting top dollar for the players and we would be left playing the Under 12s next season, which would mean 100% relegation.
But the lost debts would not just be on paper mate, they'd have to be paid out and cleared. The admistrators whilst doing their job also have to look for potential buyers and we don't know what that may throw up. The situation at present is also horrific to be fair, it needs something big to happen for it to resolve itself. My fear is as it stands we lose our cream players anyway with no funds to replace. Nightmare of a situation. Anyway as I said in my post Moshiri simply couldn't let this happen or he'd walk away with nothing.

I mean, if it was inevitable then doing it while safe by 10 points would be the right time to do it, but it's about far, far more than 9 points. The consequences could be pretty horrendous for club, staff and community. And any vultures who want the club decimated before they swoop are likely no more desirable than 777.

I mean, if it was inevitable then doing it while safe by 10 points would be the right time to do it, but it's about far, far more than 9 points. The consequences could be pretty horrendous for club, staff and community. And any vultures who want the club decimated before they swoop are likely no more desirable than 777.
There's a cutoff point to go into administration, the 9 points would be deducted from next season.

I suspect administration would mean we almost certainly lose ownership of the new ground too.

I can’t foresee any chance we retain ownership of that stadium , we simply can’t afford it .
Part ownership is the best we can do.
It's irrelevant really. Own the stadium and use the income to pay interest on massive debt, or own part of the stadium and use our share of income to pay off the interest on a smaller debt

Wouldn’t all player contracts become void too and they become free agents? Thought that’s how we got Naismith for free from Rangers (although some think even that was too much!)