• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seen lots of different figures mentioned
he could do many things
sell a majority stake of 51%
Sell all his shares
Sell 51% to include for some debt
Tie the deal to stadium funding

If the 777 thing is/was true then he is prepared to do anything. Ideally you'd think he would want to keep some of his shares as he should get more for the club later on once the stadium hs been finished.

We know it can't be just a small investment (< 40% if they value the club in the 500 million region) as any new investor/owner probably has to stump up the cash for the R&M debt - Unless perhaps they keep Kenwright on(?) to sweeten that side if the rumours are true. Whoever comes in would need access to be able to borrow the rest of what Laing need to complete the build. Perhaps banks would be prepared to if we wipe out the R&M and MSP debt and then they would be able to put the new institution as a first charge lender. If we say for a moment that is the case we need around 300m or for MSP to say don't worry bout paying us back, we'll lend you the rest of the money required if someone rights of the R&M debt. In which case 200 million might be enough.

If no one is willing to put that much and not be an outright owner then it looks like he will be forced to sell up completely.

Going into work this morning on NPR in the US the BBC economic news had a feature on Everton being sold to 777 Partners and why were an attractive proposition despite poor financial results, poor on-pitch performances and low morale. The gst of it was that we are so badly run and so under-performing that we have great potential - oh and BMD!
Still it woke me from my early morning snooze/commute!
Hopefully some desirable would be owners were listening into!

They’d be mad to take over here, the last chairman to win something was ran out the club, and the chairman who pumped hundreds of millions on, is being run out the club, for some reason the utter failure in between got a free pass for 20 years before people turned on him.
Not particularly fussed about the takeover either way, as I don’t know enough about them, as long as the football team still to get to play football that’s the most important thing.

I very much doubt that...he is a Phantom with a strangle hold over the club and all its workings.
He's an aunt sally now. Just there for Eveerton fans to whack at, but he's just a nothing.

If anyone wants to contradict that assertion by showing me his involvement in any decision at Everton this summer I'll change my mind...