Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • I have spent 5 hours on the hone today

Posted by neilw*
    invisible.gif
    user_silhouette.png
    on May 20, 2024, 9:11 pm

With people closely involved in the EFC situation, one as a reporter/observer, one working to try to bring a consortium together and another working for a lender. I cannot break confidences but:

1. There is no seriously rich interested buyer and MSP seriously do NOT want to step in. No Qataris. No funded US buyer (just another chancer).

2. The only possible consortium right now is some Evertonian names well known to us (through involvement with MSP or wider public profile) but they are well short of being able to make a bid. Even if they can it will be at best a short-term bridging move as they try to restructure and find the elusive longer-term buyer

3. MSP (perhaps because they are American) do not yet fully understand the risks of relegation, UK liquidation etc. They might be getting there slowly but do not seem to understand or want to accept that their stadium security is worthless unless Everton is a going concern in the PL. They do not want to be the one to push us over the edge but do not seem to realise they could easily lose everything. If they ever do get there maybe option 2 will become viable with their support. IF!

4. R&MF have the strongest income security and will not consider taking a haircut on loans or reducing or deferring interest - unless and until the doom clock strikes 11.59.

This all means IMO there is no path forward until:

1. MSP recognise security on stadium is worthless unless Everton are a going concern; no club, no value; and

2. R&MF recognise much of their debt will never be repaid; both a US marine style haircut & lower interest rates are needed to stabilise long-term finances

Right now neither get/accept this analysis so this summer we will be selling players (multiple) to pay final stadium costs, cover operating costs and maybe trim the R&MF loan a touch. It will require miracles from Thelwell, Dyche et al to keep our heads above water. Kicking the can down the road.

Will we survive in PL? I have no idea but I am more worried tonight than I was last night and I was mildly terrified last night. Unlike eg TheEsk I do not think we would emerge from administration without liquidation sending us to AFCEverton at eg Tier 8-11.

Sorry to be the grinch but bad though the last two years have been we are nowhere near turning a corner, at least not in any positive way.

Nobody show @matty1878
    Nothing to worry about then.

Posted by neilw*
    invisible.gif
    user_silhouette.png

With people closely involved in the EFC situation, one as a reporter/observer, one working to try to bring a consortium together and another working for a lender. I cannot break confidences but:

1. There is no seriously rich interested buyer and MSP seriously do NOT want to step in. No Qataris. No funded US buyer (just another chancer).

2. The only possible consortium right now is some Evertonian names well known to us (through involvement with MSP or wider public profile) but they are well short of being able to make a bid. Even if they can it will be at best a short-term bridging move as they try to restructure and find the elusive longer-term buyer

3. MSP (perhaps because they are American) do not yet fully understand the risks of relegation, UK liquidation etc. They might be getting there slowly but do not seem to understand or want to accept that their stadium security is worthless unless Everton is a going concern in the PL. They do not want to be the one to push us over the edge but do not seem to realise they could easily lose everything. If they ever do get there maybe option 2 will become viable with their support. IF!

4. R&MF have the strongest income security and will not consider taking a haircut on loans or reducing or deferring interest - unless and until the doom clock strikes 11.59.

1. MSP recognise security on stadium is worthless unless Everton are a going concern; no club, no value; and

2. R&MF recognise much of their debt will never be repaid; both a US marine style haircut & lower interest rates are needed to stabilise long-term finances

Right now neither get/accept this analysis so this summer we will be selling players (multiple) to pay final stadium costs, cover operating costs and maybe trim the R&MF loan a touch. It will require miracles from Thelwell, Dyche et al to keep our heads above water. Kicking the can down the road.

Will we survive in PL? I have no idea but I am more worried tonight than I was last night and I was mildly terrified last night. Unlike eg TheEsk I do not think we would emerge from administration without liquidation sending us to AFCEverton at eg Tier 8-11.

Sorry to be the grinch but bad though the last two years have been we are nowhere near turning a corner, at least not in any positive way.

Nobody show @matty1878
Pfffft. I spent 5 hours on the phone today watching videos of people talking about chemtrails.

Only 1 winner here I feel.

Posted by neilw*
    invisible.gif
    user_silhouette.png

Nobody show @matty1878

What’s a hone ?…….

Posted by neilw*
    invisible.gif
    user_silhouette.png

Nobody show @matty1878
“OK gentlemen these important negotiations must take place in utmost secrecy. Do not disclose the details to anyone”

“What about NeilW off the forums?”

“Oh yeah, tell him everything.”

Pretty sobering update on another forum.

Each creditor will be defending their position in negotiations, big difference not understanding and not bending in negotiations with others. It’s all part of the process.

Reality may well be at this stage that creditors turn their debt to equity or those without equity options as security take on board positions to look after their interests, only way MSP & R&M are getting out of here with a return in new ownership, so they may take on operational control of the club and seek a new owner. Administration or worse works for no one. Each will want the best deal in restructuring.

Last edited:
Pretty sobering update on another forum.

Glorious.

Happy Monday!