777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be astonished if there wernt. There are 20 clubs in the PL, the biggest sporting cash cow etc etc on the planet. Not that many are on the market. Even fewer have the bestist ever stadium to boot.

Funding for the stadium will be an issue while it gets sorted out , hopefully it doesn't cause any delays.

Ok 20m, Godfrey 10m, Keane Holgate 5m each.

Or am i still being a tit with them evaluations?

Wages dear boy. Holgate alone has almost 4 million due in his last year, even if we do find more mugs like Saints to ease the pain for the rest of this season. It distorts what, if anything, we can ask.

I would be astonished if there wernt. There are 20 clubs in the PL, the biggest sporting cash cow etc etc on the planet. Not that many are on the market. Even fewer have the bestist ever stadium to boot.
If I was just incredibly rich (as opposed to infinitely oil rich and fancied a plaything) and would like to be a bit more rich over time, I wouldn’t put my cash anywhere near a PL club. Plenty of money sloshing around, but Mosh would be substantially richer right now if he’d put £500m into a NatWest cash ISA at 2%.

Fortunately there are an abundance of rich, vain idiots that are obsessed with status. We just need one open to employing clever professionals willing to tell him/her “no” on occasion.

If I was just incredibly rich (as opposed to infinitely oil rich and fancied a plaything) and would like to be a bit more rich over time, I wouldn’t put my cash anywhere near a PL club. Plenty of money sloshing around, but Mosh would be substantially richer right now if he’d put £500m into a NatWest cash ISA at 2%.

Fortunately there are an abundance of rich, vain idiots that are obsessed with status. We just need one open to employing clever professionals willing to tell him/her “no” on occasion.

About 30 years ago, Manchester United nearly got sold for £10m. Now worth £6 Billion. Now, we aint United, obvs, but we are one of the other 19 clubs in the same pond.

Mosh would be substantially richer now if he knew how to run a football club.

If Usmanov, through Moshiri, had put 500m into an ISA it may well have been seized.

The longer this goes on, I hope those mystery men behind Rights and Media Funding are getting a bit twitchy.

They put the block on MSP taking a minority stake and installing a more professional board. How convenient.

I can't see 777 happening. The league is already looking nervously over it's shoulder at the government. Would they rubber stamp this is they had any doubt at all over the long term suitability of them as owners? Forget suitability, can they even fund the operational costs? It doesn't seem likely. The last thing the league needs is another failure of their decision making.

As others have said, if it falls through and Moshiri has little access to cash, he'll have to call back others he's turned away in the past and quickly renegotiate. He might even end up giving away 80% in the hope of a decent return later on. He cannot afford administration.

The longer this goes on, I hope those mystery men behind Rights and Media Funding are getting a bit twitchy.

They put the block on MSP taking a minority stake and installing a more professional board. How convenient.

I can't see 777 happening. The league is already looking nervously over it's shoulder at the government. Would they rubber stamp this is they had any doubt at all over the long term suitability of them as owners? Forget suitability, can they even fund the operational costs? It doesn't seem likely. The last thing the league needs is another failure of their decision making.

As others have said, if it falls through and Moshiri has little access to cash, he'll have to call back others he's turned away in the past and quickly renegotiate. He might even end up giving away 80% in the hope of a decent return later on. He cannot afford administration.
Administration might be cheaper for him tho.

Administration costs him nothing, keeping "the lights on" at Everton could cost him hundreds of millions.

Yes, im totally ignoring the money hes already invested.

Its also rumoured that he doesnt have any "clean" non Russian money to spend.

Administration costs him nothing, keeping "the lights on" at Everton could cost him hundreds of millions.

His mate has already released a statement saying he'd hope to get some money he's loaned him back.

He can't afford to let it burn to the ground.

This doesn’t make sense. If the club goes into administration then Moshiri’s shares basically become worthless. Why on earth would he want that?