777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know v little about George Downing, but I know a fair bit about Andy Bell (even played footy against him the best part of 20 years ago as the company I worked for had a tie-up with his). Google tells me Downing is worth about £500m. Andy Bell is also a very wealthy man, but I would have thought (given his wealth comes primarily from the sale of his shares and his existing equity in AJ Bell) that he was worth less than Downing. Even between them, I highly doubt they could afford to buy the club - they would need a partner. Having said that, I would be fairly happy to see the pair of them take a stake of some and take board seats as this would give me some comfort that there were people on the board who had our best interests at heart.

Only time I've ever seen Downing's name in the press in an Everton capacity before recently was in the pre-Moshiri days when this happened...

Made up when I read this coz Gerry Cook is a smarmy tosser.

Well that wouldn't be up to them would it ?

Only Moshiri can put us into administration, then he walks away with zilch.
That ain't going to happen.
Is it possible that if those that we owe money to, who also have an interest in purchasing the club (ie MSP?) could call debts in, and effectively force administration if we cannot repay?

Brink of administration.

PSR breaches.

£800m debts.

What else you got Butters?

Things have been horrendous but that’s down to Putin.

I’ll admit he shouldn’t have put all his eggs in one basket but sadly it was a risk worth taking imo.

This butters thing is a bit strange, I hope you get better soon.

Any businessmen who think Everton going into administration and starting with a -9 point deduction wiith this squad are the type of businessmen I wouldn't ask to go and do my weekly shopping for me.

This squad will be weaker next season and simply won't be able to suck up a -9pt deduction to start with. Anyone thinking it's a great option or the best option seriously need to have a word with themselves and maybe go and take their dog out for a very long walk and have a think about painting their spare bedroom or fix the door handle their missus has been asking them to fix for the past 6 months but for the love of God don't be sharing an opinion about how administration is best.
Spot on mac...this doom/scare mongering has to spot.

Imagine being an employee of the club reading that crap knowing you'll be unemployed if these nutters have their way.

He's been all in with the "admin is the only way" for some time so you know he'll only dig in with that narrative.
I have to say, this misrepresents what he’s been saying. I read his last article and it clearly says that administration would be awful and no one wants it. But he also talks about two possible scenarios where administration could happen. From what I read, he seemed clear that significant capital injection was needed to reduce debt and avoid it. We have such a problem with cash flow, we have massive debts, all at sky high interest rates and paying the interest on them is taking most of our cash flow. That’s even without paying the debt down! Ok, you can refinance debt, but we are nowhere near that, we’re currently in high risk loan territory. It will take a good while to get out of that situation. The Esk is pointing out very real hazards. Is he erring more to the side of negativity? Well yes. But that doesn’t mean it’s rubbish, just a possible scenario. Some of us worry about things that are possible when they should be impossible!!

Things have been horrendous but that’s down to Putin.

I’ll admit he shouldn’t have put all his eggs in one basket but sadly it was a risk worth taking imo.

This butters thing is a bit strange, I hope you get better soon.

I do feel sorry for you a bit, desperately scrambling around to defend this fella because swallowing your pride and admitting you were wrong on an anonymous forum account is just too much for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back