777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get this at all, this insistance that everyone is somehow entitled to know everything that goes on in the club, and that they should somehow bow to the whims of people who choose whether or not to spend their money on them. Yes, the fans are important, to any team, but at the end of the day, its a business and we are customers. This constant demand for "communicashun" is tiresome, and is mostly driven by the likes of Ped and Toffee TV, who have a business that relies on Everton content. Therefore they have an agenda.

Of course they want to know whats happening, because then they talk about it and charge idiots to listen to them stutter their way through live streams or basic pronunciation (Im just glad we didnt sign that "Innyatcho").

How many other businesses come out and tell everyone whats going on in the inner workings of the business, including rivals btw, because there is, as yet, no way of providing "communicashun" to fans without everyone knowing

We might be badly run, but some of these people, driven largely by their own selfish needs and interests, need to understand that we are owed nothing from the club, especially just so these people can then peddle their own smug authority for social media likes and subscriptions.

Dont you have a podcast with him?
Yes.

I can't figure out how they're expanding the portfolio. As I dig further into these guys, I keep getting strong Enron vibes. They're touting 500% employee growth, but they're operating legacy businesses. All these soccer clubs they're buying up are losing money. That's getting backstopped somehow, but where's the money coming from? The business itself is estimated at having fifty to a hundred million pounds in annual revenue, which isn't enough. The court cases against their subsidiaries are consistent with the reviews of their businesses - terrible. If they're systematically not honoring contract terms and perpetrating fraud, which is the pattern alleged in a huge volume of Better Business Bureau complaints against their various businesses, sooner or later some lawyer will break them over his or her knee in a class action suit.

They claim the asset portfolio is worth ten billion, and it might be, but where did they get the money to grow from a bit player in the secondary annuities market to a holding company with ten billion in assets in just eight years? The company from which they bought their initial business has a market cap of 600 million dollars. The subsidiary they bought out, presumably, was purchased with far less. An unnamed former employee reported on in the Josimar story accuses them of robbing Peter to pay Paul, which is one way to make that kind of growth happen, but it's not sustainable. Sooner or later, the music stops and there's no chair.

If the whole thing is the house of financial cards I think it is, sooner or later it all comes tumbling down. A junk bond wizard can only do so much. Michael Milken is worth billions today, but he did two years in the joint and took Drexel Burnham Lambert down with him. Ironically, he helped drive KinderCare into Chapter 11 bankruptcy with his debt issues, but today he owns it.

Something I was going to write was house of cards, it just has the look and structure of a get rich scheme that I'd going to crumble down around them.

No Moshiri owns it

He only ever part owned it and the group put the place up for a sale a few years back. Not sure what the current state of affairs is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.