777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

As no else has brought it up. I will.

Can I just highlight the glaring red flag and concern here.

Essentially we have new owners, who have shady dealings littered all across multiple business sectors and litigation in regard to business practices. Who are struggling to put the cash together to buy us and have a highly structured deal.

Correct me if Im wrong but if we do badly or are relegated then they stand to possibly save themselves 10s of millions possibly more for all we know.

Essentially there is a financial incentive for them for us to fail. They are incentives to run us poorly.

Massive red flags, verging on anti - competition, sporting integrity and corruption.

They take a big annual revenue (and value) hit if we're relegated. If the relegation clause runs in the tens of millions, it's a loser for them. If they're paying Championship rates if we get relegated, that's a different proposition.

I look at it this way - there are only two things that can make this work for them. They can run us extremely well, or really badly. Nothing in the middle will work out, but the history of football clubs purchased by American owners suggests that's by far the most likely outcome.

Problem being a host to parasites such as these, it never gets better, it's an endless series of parasites forever, new name, new promises, same old story, the crowbarring of an extra few dollars...
Not necessarily. The lot across the park were one step from the headsman's ax when they got rid of theirs. They got what they needed, which was an owner with a track record of improving teams in other sports who had resources because he had, you know, actually made a fortune.

Even then, it was a bumpy ride for a while. FSG had their own Moshiri moment at the beginning, but got bailed out by hitting the lottery on Suarez. They learned, and had a good run of buys for a while there.

The problem here is that we're getting Hicks and Gillett, instead.

They wont be passing any test if all these articles are true. The Premier league may aswell dump us now...
Imagine the hysteria, PL let them buy from the mosh man, these pony up a load of dough, then the PL whack their new asset with a 20 point deduction.

777 go mad and forfeit the buy and claim their cash back on a 14 day cool down, into administration with no owner, another 10 point deduction....

bill writes the play 'Everton: the end of good times' based on a true story...

FC Everton - phoenix club. From bust to bedlam.

The silence for 777 Group is deafening.

It's clear they are scrambling around for initial payment to see off MSP loan and Funds and Media too which is why Moshiri is happy to get his guaranteed £500m on drip.

I have huge concerns over the new Stadium:
Who will own it?
Will we have to pay rent on it?
Stadium Revenues be inputted into the team?

Also what will happen to Goodison now, given that it was to be a community hub, I think that will be sold for a potentially additional profit.

As no else has brought it up. I will.

Can I just highlight the glaring red flag and concern here.

Essentially we have new owners, who have shady dealings littered all across multiple business sectors and litigation in regard to business practices. Who are struggling to put the cash together to buy us and have a highly structured deal.

Correct me if Im wrong but if we do badly or are relegated then they stand to possibly save themselves 10s of millions possibly more for all we know.

Essentially there is a financial incentive for them for us to fail. They are incentives to run us poorly.

Massive red flags, verging on anti - competition, sporting integrity and corruption.

That is a possibility. Unlikely, but possible. Because if we were to get relegated and it saves them 10s of millions in the purchase price, they would miss out on the many 10s of millions prize money, and the many 10s of millions in sponsorship revenue and 10s of millions in matchday income and 10s of millions in marketing etc etc.

I really don't see it as a red flag, it is essentially the same as a player having a relegation release clause in his contract

They take a big annual revenue (and value) hit if we're relegated. If the relegation clause runs in the tens of millions, it's a loser for them. If they're paying Championship rates if we get relegated, that's a different proposition.

I look at it this way - there are only two things that can make this work for them. They can run us extremely well, or really badly. Nothing in the middle will work out, but the history of football clubs purchased by American owners suggests that's by far the most likely outcome.

Not necessarily. The lot across the park were one step from the headsman's ax when they got rid of theirs. They got what they needed, which was an owner with a track record of improving teams in other sports who had resources because he had, you know, actually made a fortune.

Even then, it was a bumpy ride for a while. FSG had their own Moshiri moment at the beginning, but got bailed out by hitting the lottery on Suarez. They learned, and had a good run of buys for a while there.

The problem here is that we're getting Hicks and Gillett, instead.

With LFC the bank stepped in and forced the sale, that meant administration by another name.

Point being it took external intervention.

Our only chance of that is the sanctions board stopping the cash to Moshiri which is a genuine possibility

It’s a whopping great big red flag if that story is true that they don’t have to pay Moshiri everything up front.

That article saying this is to help the club is a definite lie.

I hope that none of that story is true

Tbh I think Moshiri is looking at it from a point of view that it is to rescue the club. By allowing 777 to pay for his shares at a later date means they can use their funds instead to pay off MSP and perhaps R&M and get the stadium over the line. All the immediate things that Moshiri cannot cover as it stands.

HOWEVER as you've pointed out as Moshiri is just focusing on getting over that hurdle he is totally ignoring the fact that when they are supposed to hand over an installment for his shares they could sell Pickford and that'll be say 80 million of the first 100 million owed and so on. Or can they at that stage go and borrow all that money, leveraged against the club thus getting around what the initial checks are designed to prevent but because how the deal has been structured they are able to pass the original test.

The silence for 777 Group is deafening.

It's clear they are scrambling around for initial payment to see off MSP loan and Funds and Media too which is why Moshiri is happy to get his guaranteed £500m on drip.

I have huge concerns over the new Stadium:
Who will own it?
Will we have to pay rent on it?
Stadium Revenues be inputted into the team?

Also what will happen to Goodison now, given that it was to be a community hub, I think that will be sold for a potentially additional profit.
I would imagine that the sale price includes the debt that has to be retired. Moshiri is taking a monster of a haircut on what he put in.

I just don't see how the math works out for 777, with their funding model. Any revenue bump from the new stadium, including the naming rights, will just go to servicing additional debt. I bring up Donald Trump because it looks like these people are going on the same sort of unsustainable high-interest spending binge that he went on in the 1980s. Maybe there's seemingly infinite appetite for high-yield debt as Arab sovereign wealth funds diversify, but even they don't have infinite money.

If Thaksin Shinawatra can pass it anyone can

I have never heard of anybody failing the fit and proper test,

Maybe it’s happened, others might remember
Yeah but there wasn't such a shining light around the whole process before, was there. couple of years ago nobody would of even heard of it..

Mosh has just saved them with this deal now anyway, why else would he really sort the payment in Instalments...

If it’s true that they are buying a PL football club but don’t actually have the money to do this then it’s obvious they intend to sweat the asset to pay the balance.

That being the case we need commentators and pundits with influence to start shouting this out.

It just isn’t ethical.

Yeah but there wasn't such a shining light around the whole process before, was there. couple of years ago nobody would of even heard of it..

Mosh has just saved them with this deal now anyway, why else would he really sort the payment in Instalments...

He won’t care about instalments because it’s a contract, he’s guaranteed his money.

We should care because it means the buyer doesn’t have it and that means the only way they pay him is by levering their assets, their biggest asset will be Everton, so Everton will be paying Moshiri and 777 will effectively buy shares in Everton with Everton’s money, it’s perverse

So, it's taken a darker turn? They could rent BMD from themselves and saddle Everton FC with the costs? When Everton FC can't keep up with market rent it is then turfed out like what's happened with Coventry city fc?

Let's go again, BMD is a huge success, and suddenly the owners are keen on a few more quid, up steps you know who and it's red seats throughout....

The more things change the more they stay the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back