Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how to read this.

The future TV deals will be individual clubs selling all their matches to be streamed. Now that is where the money is going to be made.

At present, SKY (even how bad they are) kinda of keeps the TV money evenly distributed.

Now imagine Man Utd selling subs to punters to view their games and the amount of revenue that will produce for them. Now you compare that revenue stream to the likes of Luton. Would they be better with the current structure or where the club controls the stream?

19 home games + cups (domestic + european) + away. How do you want to package that to the punter? Sell a season ticket for all the games, just the cup games, just the home ones, on an individual basis. The american dream!

Someone said earlier about these hedge companies paying vast amounts on what could be the best return on your $ (I mean £). Struggling PL club in distress, TV deals (now and future ones) to be factored in, new stadium, old stadium to be sold.

You prepared to take a gamble.

The power, financially, of the PL is the collective. Sure, United will get more eyes than Luton, but the PL is the most competitive major league on the planet. Because of the collective. Vast amounts of TV revenue into the PL would be, or should be, cascaded down the pyramid, making the whole kit and kaboodle a slam dunk.

The problem with valuing a football stadium is they usually have one main use. And nearly always, one main user.

Sure, you could buy one, knock it down, and build on the footprint, but they aint like a large shopping centre, with multiple users.
This is an important thing for people to remember, no matter what happens to the stadium in the various doomsday scenarios it only has serious value if there is a healthy Everton playing in it. Even if it goes completely belly up and in the hands of creditors, they can’t just invent a football team to play in it. It will always be in everyone’s interests to find solutions that keep Everton healthy.

There is always this idea that "once Moshiri builds the stadium we'll be worth more and he can cash in"

This isn't how investors think. They look at the stadium as a cost of sale e.g you need to host football matches and that comes at a cost of say £15m a year at Goodison with ticket income of £25m

They will only see the stadium as adding value if the increase in revenue is greater than the costs of running the venue. It isn't a house that can be sold to multiple buyers.

As it stands the stadium reduces the value of the club. The cost of paying interest on £500m (it will be more) is easily £50m in interest alone. The increase in revenue may only be £20m so we could see profit reduced by £30m over our current situation.

We already lose £50-100m for a bottom 5 level squad

Nation state sports washing is our only hope as they'll just wipe off the debt.
You are forgetting £600 Everton branded buildings and contents insurance policy (with £50,000 excess) that we are going to sell to one single unsuspecting visiting Brighton fan. That will sort it.

The future TV deals will be individual clubs selling all their matches to be streamed. Now that is where the money is going to be made.

At present, SKY (even how bad they are) kinda of keeps the TV money evenly distributed.

Now imagine Man Utd selling subs to punters to view their games and the amount of revenue that will produce for them. Now you compare that revenue stream to the likes of Luton. Would they be better with the current structure or where the club controls the stream?

19 home games + cups (domestic + european) + away. How do you want to package that to the punter? Sell a season ticket for all the games, just the cup games, just the home ones, on an individual basis. The american dream!

Someone said earlier about these hedge companies paying vast amounts on what could be the best return on your $ (I mean £). Struggling PL club in distress, TV deals (now and future ones) to be factored in, new stadium, old stadium to be sold.

I think it will be status quo regarding how clubs are funded from TV deals. The same % as we have now
My belief, it will be a simple deal. Here are all the games, watch what you want. Then money is divided as it is now, with regards to league position.
Could be wrong. But one way or another Amazon and Apple I think will be the big players. The MLS deal with Apple and the Paramount/Amazon deal with the champions league is the warm up, if you will.

PL should own the content imo. PLTV, globally, $10 a month. A billion subscribers. $120B a year, less paying Sky to do the broadcast grunt work.

I would pay £1B to be part of that.
They could always use Amazon's infrastructure to do such a thing.
Pretty much how you can have Prime, and rhen subscribe to other stuff through it. Like Paramount.
Will be interesting. Sky's days will be numbered though soon enough. Maybe not this deal, but defo the next.

They could always use Amazon's infrastructure to do such a thing.
Pretty much how you can have Prime, and rhen subscribe to other stuff through it. Like Paramount.
Will be interesting. Sky's days will be numbered though soon enough. Maybe not this deal, but defo the next.

They could. But why? Disney TV or whatever it is called is the only place you can watch their content, FTA notwithstanding.

PLTV with a broadcast partner for the grunt stuff makes total sense to me.

The power, financially, of the PL is the collective. Sure, United will get more eyes than Luton, but the PL is the most competitive major league on the planet. Because of the collective. Vast amounts of TV revenue into the PL would be, or should be, cascaded down the pyramid, making the whole kit and kaboodle a slam dunk.

From our eyes at the moment yes I would agree, however, I don't think the SLY 6 see it that way. The PL have done well to keep them happy and use them to sell to the rest of the world.

Catch 22 for them. The SLY 6 (7 if we now include Newcastle who want to dine at the top table). They could earn vast amounts of revenue from selling the tv rights to their games. The likes of us, west ham, aston villa etc. The middle of the road teams would do reasonably well. The newly promoted (unless a sleeping giant) would struggle the numbers like us and Man utd but still get vasts amount of money.

Within the current PL conglomerate, they think they should get more of the pie as more punters from around the world tune into watch their games. That is why I said SKY (I meant the PL) do distribute the TV money quite evenly and fairly. However the other 14 teams make up the PL and without them there is no PL. Hence why all these threats by the SLY 6 about leaving and joining an european super league. The bigger teams want a bigger slice of the pie from the PL and UEFA.

There is always this idea that "once Moshiri builds the stadium we'll be worth more and he can cash in"

This isn't how investors think. They look at the stadium as a cost of sale e.g you need to host football matches and that comes at a cost of say £15m a year at Goodison with ticket income of £25m

They will only see the stadium as adding value if the increase in revenue is greater than the costs of running the venue. It isn't a house that can be sold to multiple buyers.

As it stands the stadium reduces the value of the club. The cost of paying interest on £500m (it will be more) is easily £50m in interest alone. The increase in revenue may only be £20m so we could see profit reduced by £30m over our current situation.

We already lose £50-100m for a bottom 5 level squad

Nation state sports washing is our only hope as they'll just wipe off the debt.
To be honest I am not sure investors in football clubs think as you suggest either.

Most clubs are money pits where the owner puts in more than he will ever get out without selling the the club entirely.

I think it is this chance of a big capital gain that still makes Everton attractive to risk takers.
Everton is not a big club at present but a lot of the ingredients are there for the club to become big and valuable in the future and the new ground is a huge part of that.

We are in a mess right now but in a space of two or three years that could change dramatically.
Not CL league contenders but a secure top half of table club secure.

I think it will be status quo regarding how clubs are funded from TV deals. The same % as we have now
My belief, it will be a simple deal. Here are all the games, watch what you want. Then money is divided as it is now, with regards to league position.
Could be wrong. But one way or another Amazon and Apple I think will be the big players. The MLS deal with Apple and the Paramount/Amazon deal with the champions league is the warm up, if you will.

That would be the way to go to keep the PL the way it is and still get more money in.

But as I said in another post, the bigger PL clubs want a bigger slice of the pie. Your scenario may be the next step in the evolutionary TV deal.

Anyway I am drifting away from the thread, 777. Perhaps being american and getting more american owners in they can change the PL and how the TV deals are funded. You only need 14 like minded club owners to change the rules.

From our eyes at the moment yes I would agree, however, I don't think the SLY 6 see it that way. The PL have done well to keep them happy and use them to sell to the rest of the world.

Catch 22 for them. The SLY 6 (7 if we now include Newcastle who want to dine at the top table). They could earn vast amounts of revenue from selling the tv rights to their games. The likes of us, west ham, aston villa etc. The middle of the road teams would do reasonably well. The newly promoted (unless a sleeping giant) would struggle the numbers like us and Man utd but still get vasts amount of money.

Within the current PL conglomerate, they think they should get more of the pie as more punters from around the world tune into watch their games. That is why I said SKY (I meant the PL) do distribute the TV money quite evenly and fairly. However the other 14 teams make up the PL and without them there is no PL. Hence why all these threats by the SLY 6 about leaving and joining an european super league. The bigger teams want a bigger slice of the pie from the PL and UEFA.

They do get a bigger slice though. Overseas is weighted, I think, CL and place settings as well.

The future TV deals will be individual clubs all their matches to be streamed. Now that is where the money is going to be made.

Wrong from the start this

no it won’t or it will be the end of the premier league as that’s what happens in Spain where Real Madrid and Barcelona have their own deals leaving the rest of la liga nowhere.

No way that will be sanctioned by the clubs in the premier league or it would have happened already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back