777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will rip the heart and soul from the club as they extract whatever money they can from the club and supporters.
To doubt this is to ignore the overwhelming evidence of who these people actually are and what they represent.
I have no illusions that the moment this group assume full control of our club , the Everton that I know and support is dead and gone, replaced by a blue facade covering a cynical money making operation.

The Everton we have now is nothing like the idea of Everton I have in my head. I don't recognise the club at all right now.

As I have said many times, there is no possibility in my mind of new ownership doing a worse job. I just wish we had seen a lot of this criticism and frustration when the current leadership were making bad decision after bad decision, leaving us in the mess we now find ourselves.

It seems strange to draw the line at this point, after how badly we have been ran in recent years. There are no perfect owners out there looking to buy Everton. That's the unfortunate place we find ourselves, and it won't change in the short term.

This lot are only on it for the short term gain that staying in the prem and completing the stadium will bring. Once that's done and we're playing in Bramley Moore they'll sell up extremely quickly to make a really quick buck. Obviously only IMHO.

Surely it is simply that new owners have to make us better to get a return.

If they make us worse they end up in a situation like Moshiri selling at a loss.

Us as fans can't do anything about any of this, other than protest, and that has the chance to make us worse too. (Which I am all for it it ultimately was guaranteed to make us better.)

Sanctions, relegation, transfer bans, loss of stadium ownership, all make us even worse too.

Our only chance is to get better. This will have to happen with luck, as we can't buy our way out of this malaise.

Putting a lot on hope here, but any New owners surely must have a chance of being better than what we have endured in the last 30 with Kenwright and Co.

Our name and history counts for zero now, it is naiive to think it carries weight in the PL in any way.

Every other club would sooner see us gone and them replace us, we have no divine right to the top division.

Another grim season awaits, and more mystery and uncertainty will remain until we get a permanent & experienced board and stable ownership with a vision and a plan to grow and push on.

It will unlikely be this lot 777, that solves our problems unfortunately.

No blind faith from me - I'll judge them on actions just like anyone else.

They might well do a terrible job running the club, but I don't think we know anywhere near enough to have a firm opinion and I don't really think these pieces of evidence tell us much about how they would try to run Everton. The premier league is a completely different level to anything else they have been involved in.

Vasco da Gama has been handed a transfer ban for non-payment of transfer fees. And this is hardly the first time cash was an issue. What more evidence do you need?

Vasco da Gama has been handed a transfer ban for non-payment of transfer fees. And this is hardly the first time cash was an issue. What more evidence do you need?
People just want rid of Moshiri, whatever the cost.

The problem is, when the cost is known, it's already too late.

These clowns will rinse the fanbase, if they make us successfull, well great, I suppose.

But it seems very unlikely this will go well.

They will rip the heart and soul from the club as they extract whatever money they can from the club and supporters.
To doubt this is to ignore the overwhelming evidence of who these people actually are and what they represent.
I have no illusions that the moment this group assume full control of our club , the Everton that I know and support is dead and gone, replaced by a blue facade covering a cynical money making operation.

Bill Kenwright was supposed to be the soul of the club wasn't he?

He's still around and if people believe he has no part of this deal, then go stick your head in the sand with all the other apologists and happy clappers

The Everton we have now is nothing like the idea of Everton I have in my head. I don't recognise the club at all right now.

As I have said many times, there is no possibility in my mind of new ownership doing a worse job. I just wish we had seen a lot of this criticism and frustration when the current leadership were making bad decision after bad decision, leaving us in the mess we now find ourselves.

It seems strange to draw the line at this point, after how badly we have been ran in recent years. There are no perfect owners out there looking to buy Everton. That's the unfortunate place we find ourselves, and it won't change in the short term.
Understandable,
I think there has been frustration and criticism of previous regimes.
I think we all have a point when we declare enough !
And should this bunch of crooks gain control , I will have reached mine, sadly.
Until then I will continue to help highlight what shower of avaricious , disreputable villains they are .
Fit and Proper persons ? Not even close !

The premier league is on a different level to all their other clubs. It's clearly not a good sign to miss a payment, but what happens at one of their other teams doesn't necessarily mean it would happen here in the PL with all the additional money that is available in this league.

Fresh concerns have been raised over 777 Partners, Everton’s prospective new owners, after another of their clubs failed to meet payments on three transfers costing a total of around €5.2m (£4.5m).

Brazilian side Vasco da Gama were hit with a transfer ban by Fifa on Friday after three clubs – Lille, Nacional of Uruguay and Atlético Tucumán of Argentina – notified world football’s governing body that they had not received fees for Léo Jardim, José Luis Rodríguez and Manuel Capasso respectively.

Capasso joined Vasco for €1.4m in February, Rodríguez signed for €1.8m in January and, although the fee for Jardim was undisclosed, Lille were due to receive a reported €2m for their goalkeeper in January.

Vasco, who are 70% owned by 777, missed a deadline to complete payments on all three deals before being sanctioned by Fifa. In a statement, the governing body said: “The club Vasco de Gama is currently prevented from registering new players due to an outstanding debt. The relevant ban will be lifted immediately upon the settlement of the debt being confirmed by the creditor concerned.”

While the Brazilian transfer window is closed until January, giving Vasco time to make the overdue payments and get the ban lifted, their predicament raises more questions over 777’s resources as it attempts to buy Everton from Farhad Moshiri.

The Miami-based company, which was late with a £900,000 payment to the British Basketball League this year, prompting an ongoing investigation by the BBL into its co-owners, needs approval from the Premier League, Football Association and the Financial Conduct Authority to complete its takeover of Everton.

The deal for Moshiri’s 94.1% shareholding is understood to be performance-based, with the British-Iranian billionaire unlikely to get the £500m he was seeking for the club, but 777 still need to provide proof of funding to the Premier League, repay a £140m loan to MSP Sports Capital and secure the approximate £200m required to complete work on Everton’s new stadium at Bramley Moore dock.

The club has outstanding loans in excess of £350m in total, including a recent £20m loan from 777 for short-term working capital, and faces a serious financial crisis unless a takeover proceeds. Moshiri has stopped propping up the struggling Premier League club having invested over £750m for little reward since 2016.

Josh Wander and Steven Pasko, the co-founders of 777, and its CEO, Don Dransfield, were at Goodison Park on Saturday to see Everton lose 2-1 to Luton, their fourth consecutive home league defeat, the club’s worst run from the start of a season at home since 1958. The investment firm currently has seven football clubs in its portfolio – Vasco, Genoa, Sevilla, Hertha Berlin, Standard Liege, Red Star in France and Melbourne Victory.

People just want rid of Moshiri, whatever the cost.

The problem is, when the cost is known, it's already too late.

These clowns will rinse the fanbase, if they make us successfull, well great, I suppose.

But it seems very unlikely this will go well.
I think it's more that Moshiri remaining in control isn't really a viable option right now if he can't continue to fund the club. By opposing the only deal that seems to be in the works, then we could end up stuck with Moshiri, and I'd far rather find out how new ownership could do, than stick with the current position.

It does frustrate me to see lots of criticism and strong opinions on this group while we have had lots of apathy towards Moshiri's tenure in charge of the club. People can have their own opinions, but I do struggle to understand why people are drawing the line now when Moshiri wants to sell, even though his period in charge has put the club into this position, after constant years of decline.

The premier league is on a different level to all their other clubs. It's clearly not a good sign to miss a payment, but what happens at one of their other teams doesn't necessarily mean it would happen here in the PL with all the additional money that is available in this league.

PL costs are off the scale though, ours esp.

If the heart and soul of this club could be ripped out by unscrupulous businessmen it would be long gone by now, we’ve had no shortage of those of late. I’ve no love for 777 but you must have a higher opinion of Kenwright, Moshiri and Usmanov than me if 777 is where you draw the line, they are all as bad as each other.

Luckily the club is not defined by who owns it.
No, but it'll likely be destroyed by them. Lot of people seem to have their heads in the sand over this.

I think it's more that Moshiri remaining in control isn't really a viable option right now if he can't continue to fund the club. By opposing the only deal that seems to be in the works, then we could end up stuck with Moshiri, and I'd far rather find out how new ownership could do, than stick with the current position.

It does frustrate me to see lots of criticism and strong opinions on this group while we have had lots of apathy towards Moshiri's tenure in charge of the club. People can have their own opinions, but I do struggle to understand why people are drawing the line now when Moshiri wants to sell, even though his period in charge has put the club into this position, after constant years of decline.
As I say Tim, you are anything but Moshiri.

Its like jumping out of the frying pan into the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back