777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont expect an answer.

All these tin foil hatters are the same "DEY WANT US GONE LAD", why? "COS DEY JUST DONT LIKE US".

Totally ignoring the fact that The Premier League signed off on 180million loses due to Covid when the next highest was around 80million. But no, they have it in for us and are trying everything they can to finish us.

Its utterly laughable.
What do you think about the penalty and red card discrepancies?

Dont expect an answer.

All these tin foil hatters are the same "DEY WANT US GONE LAD", why? "COS DEY JUST DONT LIKE US".

Totally ignoring the fact that The Premier League signed off on 180million loses due to Covid when the next highest was around 80million. But no, they have it in for us and are trying everything they can to finish us.

Its utterly laughable.
Maybe they regret signing off on the £180mil Covid losses and now want us gone ?

Maybe they regret signing off on the £180mil Covid losses and now want us gone ?
For what reason?

We are a founding member of the football league and Premier League and an ever present in every Premier League season.

What possible reason do they have for wanting us gone?

Did the Premier League submit accounts knowing they were 20m over the threshold?

For what reason?

We are a founding member of the football league and Premier League and an ever present in every Premier League season.

Did the Premier League submit accounts knowing they were 20m over the threshold?
Your logic is sound as always, and it is of course preposterous that ‘they’ have it in for us because we’re Everton.

But my worry is how high-profile our breaches have been - all under the watchful eye of a government with an itchy regulation finger.

We’re an absolute headache for the league authorities - entirely of our own making - and I think there is at least an argument to be made that the PL’s life would be easier if we were the EFL’s problem.

Your logic is sound as always, and it is of course preposterous that ‘they’ have it in for us because we’re Everton.

But my worry is how high-profile our breaches have been - all under the watchful eye of a government with an itchy regulation finger.

We’re an absolute headache for the league authorities - entirely of our own making - and I think there is at least an argument to be made that the PL’s life would be easier if we were the EFL’s problem.
But im honestly not seeing them "trying their best" to send us down, personally.

Of course the 10 points was just silly, but I think that was to send a message, to show they had teeth. So why we were indeed used as a pawn, it wasnt personal, we just walked into their crosshairs at the worst possible time.

I just really do not buy into this "They have it in for us" mentality.

But I do agree we are being "used" to a degree in a much wider battle.

Everton Football Club submitted accounts they knew would break the rules they agree to every season, not just once, but twice.

Would relegation and probable/possible administration not then bring FFP/EPL under the microscope even more with regards to 10pts being a harsh treatment? As has been stated multiple times I am sure, the point of FFP is not (I would imagine) to put clubs into even bigger financial difficulty. That goes against the spirit of the rules I would think. (I don't know the rules verbatim btw).

Would relegation and probable/possible administration not then bring FFP/EPL under the microscope even more with regards to 10pts being a harsh treatment? As has been stated multiple times I am sure, the point of FFP is not (I would imagine) to put clubs into even bigger financial difficulty. That goes against the spirit of the rules I would think. (I don't know the rules btw).
I don’t think the league know how to handle us, to be honest.

Yes, it may well be bad news for them long term to smash us into oblivion.

But I’m not sure what calculation the powers that be would make.

For what reason?

every media outlet was saying how everton took the piss with them
covid accounts of course the league knew it too , that and the government threating to step in and regulate the league is why i think they slammed us

The longer this goes on the more likely 777 get rejected IMO... All the time this club is static all these other teams are getting stronger, not in this window, over the period we`ve been fighting and will continue to fight relegation.

You can now add teams like Villa and West Ham to teams we aren`t going to be finishing above in the next decade as this turmoil within the club has set us back years, add to that the 6 plus Newcastle our league title is now finishing 10th, we`ll be supporting this team to finishing 10th at best, then there is Brighton and it wouldn`t surprise me if Leicester came back up and started finishing above us as well.

No wonder the reds are laughing at this absolute joke of a club, we will never challenge for a league title ever agin, let`s face it, Everton as the club we love have gone, finished. This club will never be back in the elite, nowhere near.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back