777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was unlikely to be much action even if they were approved but the fact they haven’t reached a decision on approval at all, coupled with their failure to resolve our appeal (which has a massive bearing on our potential prize money etc), make it pretty much impossible to financially plan any business at all. They are keeping us completely in limbo.

The PL dragging their heels on both all month pretty much amounts to a de facto transfer ban.
They're two separate issues though.

On the takeover side, I have zero problems whatsoever with 777 being given as much scrutiny as possible - if they're not providing the information required, the league should absolutely hold on any decision until they satisfy any concerns.

As for the appeal, that isn't being held up by only one party, Everton will need to build a case for the appeal with the new KC - the idea that the appeal could have been heard and a decision handed down in January is fanciful.

There was unlikely to be much action even if they were approved but the fact they haven’t reached a decision on approval at all, coupled with their failure to resolve our appeal (which has a massive bearing on our potential prize money etc), make it pretty much impossible to financially plan any business at all. They are keeping us completely in limbo.

The PL dragging their heels on both all month pretty much amounts to a de facto transfer ban.
The process is underway as we speak. I appreciate the frustration people have, but these things take time. It wasn't going to be resolved in a couple of days. We've hired a new legal team, they need to have enough time to formulate the best possible defense. Time helps us too.

Just another shambles linked to EFC that the corrupt PL are presiding over.

Every minute wasted drives the club closer to what I believe is their end goal, which is liquidation. It’s criminal how long this pantomime has gone on for. Either you think 777 are ok PL, or they ain’t - get on with it!

We are a complete zombie club at the moment, no brain or direction due to the situations off field.

We heard from Moshi yet? Last time he put his head above the parapet, wasnt this all expected to be done by the end of last year. Yet here we are, at the back end of January, none the wiser. Glacier's move faster than this.

They're two separate issues though.

On the takeover side, I have zero problems whatsoever with 777 being given as much scrutiny as possible - if they're not providing the information required, the league should absolutely hold on any decision until they satisfy any concerns.

As for the appeal, that isn't being held up by only one party, Everton will need to build a case for the appeal with the new KC - the idea that the appeal could have been heard and a decision handed down in January is fanciful.
Maybe, although under the new timetable they’re using for the newer charges they get from appeal submission to hearing in 5-6 weeks. So they obviously believe cases CAN be dealt with quicker than ours has been as they are now doing so.

But it’s a fair point to say that the slower process may be good for us as it gives more time to build our case, plus as we saw last week it allows the political pressure to build.

100% and when the 2nd appeal is heard I hope its something we mention as we have in effect been given a transfer ban.

Maybe, although under the new timetable they’re using for the newer charges they get from appeal submission to hearing in 5-6 weeks. So they obviously believe cases CAN be dealt with quicker than ours has been as they are now doing so.

But it’s a fair point to say that the slower process may be good for us as it gives more time to build our case, plus as we saw last week it allows the political pressure to build.
This is a good point - in terms of risk/reward, taking more time to build a solid case even if it restricts your ability to sign players (which I doubt we would regardless) makes much more sense.

100% and when the 2nd appeal is heard I hope its something we mention as we have in effect been given a transfer ban.
It's slightly tenuous (but good lawyers do argue such things) but I mentioned in the PSR thread the other day that if our arguments about the whole process being improper (and the fact the parliamentary committee themselves are questioning it adds weight) are successful and the sanction will be found to have been improperly arrived at, we can then start arguing the adverse effects of them imposing a sanction that was improperly constituted.

One of the chief effects is that the club has had to adjust its budgets around ten points worth of prize money, which is a substantial amount, enough to materially alter any plans we had for this transfer window. So if they were to start looking at a transfer embargo it could be argued that it should be backdated to cover this window as compensation for the adverse effects of an improper sanction.

Would be on the hopeful side but you don't ask you don't get!

If we had actual owners I’m sure we would be in the loan market at least. We are just drifting rudderless at the minute.

Absolutely.

Just another shambles linked to EFC that the corrupt PL are presiding over.

Every minute wasted drives the club closer to what I believe is their end goal, which is liquidation. It’s criminal how long this pantomime has gone on for. Either you think 777 are ok PL, or they ain’t - get on with it!

We are a complete zombie club at the moment, no brain or direction due to the situations off field.

Stop trying to find people to blame. The PL doesn't have some great agenda against us. We're just crap at running a football club.

Inappropriate Behaviour
Stop trying to find people to blame. The PL doesn't have some great agenda against us. We're just crap at running a football club.
Koff you rs wum - if you read my other posts on the matter, I know exactly where the blame lies at Everton, and that our owner, ex chairman and sycophantic board are culpable and should be vilified and called out.

That doesn’t mean I won’t call out the clear and obvious issues that the PL has with Everton, including the ongoing buy out saga, the unjustified points deduction due to the completely broken process and the garbage P&S system.

I’m not looking to blame the PL for anything other than the issues they are responsible for, and I will continue to do so.

The Pl managed to clear FSG quickly when murderpool should have gone into administration, but cba getting our situation sorted? Sound.

Get back to crying over shippmann leaving.

The Newcastle deal went through quicker than this and there really is no way to compare our possible new owners with theirs.

Accept or reject them but for goodness sake make a decision.

Like everything the Premier league does it turns into a farce.

The Newcastle deal went through quicker than this and there really is no way to compare our possible new owners with theirs.

Accept or reject them but for goodness sake make a decision.

Like everything the Premier league does it turns into a farce.

Did it though. Took over 18 months and was only cleared when the TV deal dispute with the Saudi's and Bein sports was resolved.

Koff you rs wum - if you read my other posts on the matter, I know exactly where the blame lies at Everton, and that our owner, ex chairman and sycophantic board are culpable and should be vilified and called out.

That doesn’t mean I won’t call out the clear and obvious issues that the PL has with Everton, including the ongoing buy out saga, the unjustified points deduction due to the completely broken process and the garbage P&S system.

I’m not looking to blame the PL for anything other than the issues they are responsible for, and I will continue to do so.

The Pl managed to clear FSG quickly when murderpool should have gone into administration, but cba getting our situation sorted? Sound.

Get back to crying over shippmann leaving.
Not acceptable this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back