777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it odd that you think 777 will improve our situation at all.
To believe that you have to ignore their performance at other football clubs to date.
Or across most of the businesses they have control or even an interest in.
You also have to ignore the informed opinions of those who report on financial institutions and who generally have a low opinion of 777 and their dubious methods and practices.
You also have to ignore the fact that they lack the finances to service what they already own without adding us to their stretched portfolio!
It's like letting King Herod open a new chain of kindergarten's

That would be idiotic, and bad for the club as well.

I don't understand this logic. You said earlier that no sensible investor would pay what Moshiri wants.

These guys are willing to pay what Moshiri wants (able is another question). What does that make them?

If they are not able to close the deal, sensible investors will return because 777 won't be there to inflate the price.

Moshiri will need to accept less and hopefully a more reputable and able buyer is found.

Because it's the position Moshiri has put us in.

No sensible investor would pay what Moshiri wants. But sensible investors don't buy football clubs. INOS didn't spend billions for 25% of United cos it was sensible. Boehly et all didn't raise £5billion odd to buy Chelsea cos it was sensible.

There's a confusion between what the "right" investor is and what's out there IMO.

And yet the problem here is not necessarily Moshiri , he was willing to sell to MSP . It was the shadowy R&M group who insisted on the overvaluation of the club.
It doesn’t make sense to overpay for a club especially since it reduces the amount of available money you may have available to actually improve the clubs position.
It is 777 who are buying clubs on the brink , in fact that is their modus operandi.
To date there is scant evidence of any improvement in any of the clubs that 777 have bought a controlling interest in .
In fact most of the clubs are still operating on thin air and there is understandable dissatisfaction amongst many fans with their performance.
To make money from the clubs they don’t have to do anything beyond the bare minimum to have access to the money that flows through clubs and in our case mortgaging a stadium will bring in a large amount.
I also suspect they will load the stadium costs onto the ticket prices as Kroenke did at Arsenal.
It will be interesting how many people will spend the best part of £1000 a season to watch a club permanently occupying the mid table positions competing for nothing season after season.
We are not Arsenal and this is not London after all.

But again, it's my opinion that when you're talking an asset worth a billion, with debt close to half a billion, you're looking at multi investors all wanting something in return...or Saudi oil money out for prestige.

Like you say, we're not Arsenal in London where there's an off chance you get that white knight. We had ours in Moshiri and now we're wanting the better version of him saddling a billion.

I don't see that.

And the future you're talking about...of course that's going to happen. It's modern football.

If we get the 10 points back then and only then can we start talking about administration.

I would prefer us to go in administration, take away debt and deny those blood-suckers who have lumped on our club with millions of debt to lose lots of money.

Pretty sure that's not how administration works mate

The board can override Moshiri. They are obliged to act in the best interests of the club, not Moshiri. If 777 are so bad, they can and should veto it.

It's moshiris board. His shares. His appointees.

If the club were to go into administration, the 'sensible investors' will be dealing with the Administrators, not Moshiri.

Yeah. They take the club for nothing. But still have to pay close to £500mill in debt. Then the stadium costs with whatever that's been paid off with.

The new fellers that watched by as the club went into into admin are now suddenly our saviours.

And we'd shake their hands?

I've never said Moshiri will put the club into admin. Of course he won't want it to happen.

But does he still have the finances to run a club and a stadium project? I dont think anyone knows the answer to that.

Why did these bidders not step forward 6 months ago?

MSP were the only group who seem to have got advanced in negotiations and it was rumoured to only be a minority investment. The club needs a takeover, not a minority investor like happened with United.

Well he said he did last year in the FAB interview.

Screenshot_20240216_211504_Chrome.webp

Remember this
Be careful what you wish for.

As big a snake as anyone out there.

Administration isn't an option for me...another points deduction can't happen.
I’ve seen the Administration option popping up a few times of late and the argument for that over 777 is quite reasonable but it does still seem an extreme solution. We are most definitely between a rock and a hard place

I do find it odd that you think 777 will improve our situation at all.
To believe that you have to ignore their performance at other football clubs to date.
Or across most of the businesses they have control or even an interest in.
You also have to ignore the informed opinions of those who report on financial institutions and who generally have a low opinion of 777 and their dubious methods and practices.
You also have to ignore the fact that they lack the finances to service what they already own without adding us to their stretched portfolio!

Not ignoring anything. Fully admitted they're sharks.

But what also has been ignored is that it's only 2 years ago Serie A, Jupiler Pro, Bundesliga, and La Liga allowed them to invest or takeover clubs in their leagues.

They are now currently being grilled by the Premier League, having passed all the tests they can to get there, ran by someone we've being saying is corrupt for half a season and who's job has come into scrutiny.

You don't get in to these institutions unless you've got a ticket.

As for improving our situation. From Moshiri...yes it improves our situation IMO.

Anyone would. But there's no evidence to say there's anyone other than 777

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back