777 Partners / Whatever the hell you like

Revised Polling options on who wants a 777 takeover

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a tricky situation, The Bobble has been told by someone at MSP they don`t want to take up the option on the club, they either don`t or they accept the extension.

Either way this is going to rumble on for months and months yet... the only loser is Everton FC, literally dying in front of our eyes, 777 can`t afford us, they know it and Moshiri knows it.

It will go to the wire, be all types of brinkmanship going on.

Possibly loose BMD or 777 get and extension to sort a leveraged buy out.

The Pox Moshiri has led us by the nose to this point, he’s the worst thing to ever happen to this football club.

Grim.

Just not sure why this MSP thing is coming down to the wire.

This deadline always existed, whether 777 could close the deal or not, and regardless of what the PL stipulated. That they let it get to this is mind boggling/par for the course for them.
It isn’t coming down to the wire. 777 don’t have the money. “End of next month” they say…. Why would they have it then?
What is coming down to the wire is what to do instead

This deadline always existed, whether 777 could close the deal or not, and regardless of what the PL stipulated. That they let it get to this is mind boggling/par for the course for them.
My understanding was, and i can't recall where i read this, that 777 were going to pay MSP back by selling equity (25%) in the Club once the sale had gone through.

This finance raise thing they have got on pause with Tifosy Capital would be re-booted with the hope of a better outcome. I expect that had they not been able to sell the necessary equity then they would just make MSP whistle for it, like they have done with numerous other debts they have failed/ been late paying back.

Obviously the deal hasn't gone through (and can't until the debt is paid) so they can't reboot this capital raise and being the broke cowboys they are, they also don't have the liquidity to just pay MSP what they are owed. Hence the mad scramble to now borrow the money from elsewhere.

I hope that MSP don't extend the deadline and demand payment immediately. That is the quickest way of bringing this whole thing to a close because Moshiri will either have to pay it OR he'll have to find an alternative buyer who is able to OR we go into Administration.

I don't think Administration will happen as i'm sure MSP would exercise their option before allowing that to happen or extend the deadline to allow 777 or someone else to find the money.

The fact that 777 and Moshiri have let it get to this stage though is absolutely mind boggling. 777 clearly haven't got a pot to pee in and the only way they can afford the purchase is by loaning heavily from elsewhere and on a 'buy now pay later' deal with Moshiri.

The thing that worries me the most is that, is this down to Moshiri wanting too much for his equity (is the reported £60-120m too much??) OR is it simply down to the fact we're in so much debt and such a basket case of a club that literally no-one is interested?

No one knows. Not MSP, not 777, not R&M and that crook who currently owns us.
Chances are that they work something out by Monday. The PL aren’t going to pull the takeover because of a deadline pushed back, that would help no one. But unless one of us finds a billion quid stuffed down the back of the sofa, the next couple of years will be very tight.
Dammit, I just sold our old sofa and forgot to check down back of it!

Hello from Charlotte NC Airport by the way

If the worst was to happen i wonder if anyone breaks rank and calls out all the crap that’s been allowed to happen over the years .

It’s the capital isn’t it, they aren’t (even if they can) going to pay MSP back, unless they are sure they can meet the rest of the capital requirements set by the PL: money is a secure account for operating costs until May and proof of funds for the remainder of the stadium build. Paying back MSP exposes them from 200mill to 360 mill. So they aren’t doing that unless they can raise the capital to meet the other requirements and close the deal and they are trying that. Hence looking for the extension from MSP.

They’ve failed to raise funds through private equity through their agents, now they seem to be going for credit through Blue Owl and leverage us to and raise the capital to meet the conditions and force through the deal.

Last edited:

I don’t see this ending well at all, we are pretty much a dead club walking. I can’t rationally see an outcome from here that doesn’t involve sleeping with the biggest dogs in football finance or administration alas I think it’s the latter with or without relegation. What a stinking hole we’ve become!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back