A convenient truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjoeefc

Player Valuation: £20m
This will no doubt be met with skepticism but this is coming from someone who looks at the bigger picture. Is Ancelotti a good signing for Everton at this stage? Of course the answer is time will tell. However what Everton needs is to build a club from top to bottom that fully functions. The last time we had that was when Moyes was manager.

My concern is whether carlo really has the fight at this moment in his career to do that. It's a question well worth asking and I do still feel that Moyes or someone similar (a hungry coach) would have been the better option right now.

We need to shape the team with good young progressive players and established players on the rise. We have to stop buying declining players on massive wages or injury prone players. It concerns we deeply when Everton are linked with ibrahimovic and James rodrigues. Ibrahimovic is nearly 40 and rodrigues is clearly a player who has been on a downward trajectory since the world cup in Brazil. Is it really good business for Everton to sign rodrigues at 28 on around 200k a week. He couldn't cut it in the German league for Bayern so whats to suggest he will in a tougher league with us and if he doesn't we are stuck with a player we cant get rid of.

Let's go get more Richarlisons. Young progressive players with potential to improve themselves and us. It's the only way forward I feel

He is the best manager we could ever wish to attract.

There isn't even a debate, anyone not on board with it has lost the plot. To say you would rather have a Moyes who's won precisely bugger all over a genuine world class manager, give me a break. Attention seeking at it's finest.

He is the best manager we could ever wish to attract.
That is all that needs to be said on Ancelotti right now. Even if it doesn’t work out, the ambition shown to go get a world class manager should be applauded.
Whether it works out or not remains to be seen but I’d trust his judgement over which players can improve us over my own or anyone else’s.

I do wonder if he actually wants to do a job like we need. It's going to be a massive task and not a fun one at times. But let's see.

Do you think he just thinks "That sounds like a laugh, no idea about them like but I'll give it a go"? He can have his pick of jobs and make the same money anywhere he likes. It's a long term project and he's been clear about that.

This will no doubt be met with skepticism but this is coming from someone who looks at the bigger picture. Is Ancelotti a good signing for Everton at this stage? Of course the answer is time will tell. However what Everton needs is to build a club from top to bottom that fully functions. The last time we had that was when Moyes was manager.

My concern is whether carlo really has the fight at this moment in his career to do that. It's a question well worth asking and I do still feel that Moyes or someone similar (a hungry coach) would have been the better option right now.

We need to shape the team with good young progressive players and established players on the rise. We have to stop buying declining players on massive wages or injury prone players. It concerns we deeply when Everton are linked with ibrahimovic and James rodrigues. Ibrahimovic is nearly 40 and rodrigues is clearly a player who has been on a downward trajectory since the world cup in Brazil. Is it really good business for Everton to sign rodrigues at 28 on around 200k a week. He couldn't cut it in the German league for Bayern so whats to suggest he will in a tougher league with us and if he doesn't we are stuck with a player we cant get rid of.

Let's go get more Richarlisons. Young progressive players with potential to improve themselves and us. It's the only way forward I feel

Agree apart from the Hamez part...he was good at Bayern but he requested for them not to sign him as he wanted to have regular game time. They wanted to keep him.

Someone that good on loan would be a good deal for us and help the younger players...we do need top class experience around a young side.

If you have ever started a new job as a new boss you know you have to spend a little time figuring out the changes to make while still delivering a service of some sorts.
A good boss can change even the worst of places around.
The blokes been in situ over the xmas period after inheriting this bunch of skivers. Give him some time, back his decisions, before doubting IF he can.
This lot need a kick up the bum.
Let him have a run up.

Agree apart from the Hamez part...he was good at Bayern but he requested for them not to sign him as he wanted to have regular game time. They wanted to keep him.

Someone that good on loan would be a good deal for us and help the younger players...we do need top class experience around a young side.

Can we call him James, it's not Hamez

It might be painful but we have to back him. If the players don’t get on board quickly the will be a revolving door no doubt. Let take into account the 1st two games. If we had played anything like we did in both games we would have won comfortably Sunday in my opinion. I have got to say Sunday knocked the [Poor language removed] out of me and I’m only regrouping now . But I believe he will guide us through this period, we will make a couple of signings maybe loans this window. A couple will go out. We will see a steady improvement and be much more ready for the Goodison Derby come March. Klopp took a hiding off Stoke 6-0 in his last game of his 1st season with arguably a better squad than this one and they have turned their fortunes round. Why can’t we? Let’s turn up Saturday show who we are and let’s get this show back on track. I’m not giving the players a free pass but that’s the past now. What’s important is the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.