A favour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I'd upset too many people if I had power!

We all know the ropes though and should all have the sense to self regulate and share their load.

giphy.gif

Poor David.

He has his "views" and we shouldnt bully him for them.
His views aren’t really the problem. The problem is his need to always have the last word. That said, while he used to drive me crazy, my feelings about him have mellowed. He can be tedious but this place would not be the same without him.

I've commented on this several times before. See here

@davek does have a habit of monopolising threads - again, as I've said before - I'm thinking;
  • We need a transparent guideline/rule about hijacking/debasing threads.
  • Threadbans becoming more common/X amount of thread bans define a high maintenance member.

A threadban that was triggered after the n-th reply in x minutes might solve this issue. But I realize this would not be straightforward. For example, it might need to be defined by number of users quoted instead of number of posts replied to so that it could not be circumvented by using multi-quote. And I’m sure there would be other issues.

More often right than most people on here (Martinez excepted of course).

Only because he posts so much. That is, he’s also more often wrong than most people on here.

I've commented on this several times before. See here

@davek does have a habit of monopolising threads - again, as I've said before - I'm thinking;
  • We need a transparent guideline/rule about hijacking/debasing threads.
  • Threadbans becoming more common/X amount of thread bans define a high maintenance member.
I also think a member with x amount of unique neg reps in a thread can in effect, trigger a threadban or place that members posts into moderation.

All that said, some are to quick generally to want to remove the opinion of someone they disagree with.

Indeed, there is a little gang of them in the current affairs thread. Allowing neg reps to trigger a threadban just allows mob rule tbh.....

Serious question: we can't use symbols as stand-ins for swearing? I honestly didn't know this. Won't happen again.

It's a nonsense really mate, but we have to sign an agreement with the advertising network that their clients adverts don't appear alongside profanity (and nudity etc).

Even self censoring etc doesn't aid the cause. We'd be knackered without that revenue subsidising the site.

There's other benefits to no 'obscene' language, Google rankings, standard of posting etc.

It's a nonsense really mate, but we have to sign an agreement with the advertising network that their clients adverts don't appear alongside profanity (and nudity etc).

Even self censoring etc doesn't aid the cause. We'd be knackered without that revenue subsidising the site.

There's other benefits to no 'obscene' language, Google rankings, standard of posting etc.
Good to know...won't happen again. Promise.

These ad networks that serve you pop ups, yeah?

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.