Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

A favour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues...

Moderator central has been a bit chaos recently. I think a combination of the weather, school summer holidays and the transfer window has fried a few brains...

Help us out eh?...

GOT should always allow fun, it should always offer escapism to some - moderators need to respect that, but you have to help us out.

- Everton Forum Threads. Help us keep them on topic, especially in the big threads like 'New Stadium Discussion', and 'Summer Transfer Window'. Some are taking the piss... please don't spam your own forum.

- Needless Angst. We're all Evertonians, if someone posts something you disagree with you can say so without being an arse. Give people, especially new members, the benefit of doubt. Too many are too quick to belittle, condemn or accuse. It's a real shame to see. I think digital conversation in general is becomingly increasingly divisive/partisan - let's try and buck the trend on here.

- Harassment. It doesn't sit right when a few 'gang up' in a collaborative effort to take the piss out of one or two. While I'm sure the intention is often for some fun/isn't malicious - there's a line which is sometimes crossed. When that happens moderators can knee-jerk...

- Reports. Moderators can't read every post, so we do genuinely really appreciate the reports. That said, some have got a little silly recently. Please swerve the tit-for-tat, it's obvious some are targeting members in attempts to have them banned.

Nice one.
Dan

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

In my opinion the forum allows him to draw far too much attention to his tedious agenda - to a degree where I don’t bother posting. Having him on ignore creates just the problem you describe.

I just use other forums instead. Have a good summer.
Completely agree. Every thread gets derailed

I've commented on this several times before. See here

@davek does have a habit of monopolising threads - again, as I've said before - I'm thinking;
  • We need a transparent guideline/rule about hijacking/debasing threads.
  • Threadbans becoming more common/X amount of thread bans define a high maintenance member.
I also think a member with x amount of unique neg reps in a thread can in effect, trigger a threadban or place that members posts into moderation.

All that said, some are to quick generally to want to remove the opinion of someone they disagree with.

I don't get it... everyone knows davek is a deliberate contrarian, so instead of getting wound up by him... just ignore everything he says?

Develop the reflex action - "oh it's davek, what he says doesn't matter."

He's not abusive in what he does, he doesn't target people for a reaction; he just invites it. Just don't accept the invite.

I've commented on this several times before. See here

@davek does have a habit of monopolising threads - again, as I've said before - I'm thinking;
  • We need a transparent guideline/rule about hijacking/debasing threads.
  • Threadbans becoming more common/X amount of thread bans define a high maintenance member.
I also think a member with x amount of unique neg reps in a thread can in effect, trigger a threadban or place that members posts into moderation.

All that said, some are to quick generally to want to remove the opinion of someone they disagree with.

it's a tough one really as in theory putting someone on ignore should be the end of it however in practice many people react (and many more people react to DaveK) and therefore continuing some nonsense in a thread without actually seeing his original post.

No issue with DaveK disagreeing with people but grown tired of having to trawl though pages of absolute waffle purely because he has brought his agenda into yet another random thread.Ideally you as admins would be able to 'force ignore' two members (ie they cant see each other) which would reduce those who are the main protagonists in it.

it's a tough one really as in theory putting someone on ignore should be the end of it however in practice many people react (and many more people react to DaveK) and therefore continuing some nonsense in a thread without actually seeing his original post.

No issue with DaveK disagreeing with people but grown tired of having to trawl though pages of absolute waffle purely because he has brought his agenda into yet another random thread.Ideally you as admins would be able to 'force ignore' two members (ie they cant see each other) which would reduce those who are the main protagonists in it.

They can 'force ignore' people but I'm not sure that solves the problem still, thread bans is definitely the way to go I reckon, seems a decent tool that immediately puts a stop to it.

Threadbans where you can still see the discussion are the best as it's like torture, so much you want to respond to but nothing you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back