A new Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueblue

Player Valuation: £60m
If the appointment of Carlo Ancelotti goes ahead I think we are looking effectively at the birth of a new club.... wherever that will bring us.

Ancelotti is not coming to Everton to turn us into a top six side, I would expect that a return much better than that will be the target when you consider the package that Ancelotti and his management staff will cost and also the calibre of player that he will want to bring and their undoubted cost.
I would guess that fairly quickly we will see three or four senior players being bought to bolster the spine of the squad and I would expect they will all be late twenties or early thirties and on hefty wages.
I would guess we will see far fewer academy players getting first team opportunities unless they are exceptional.
I would guess there will be casualties and that fans may not agree with the incomings or outgoings but I think that as with the other successful teams there is an increased level of divide between club and fans.
I would also expect the profile of a manager like Ancelotti will open advertising and promotion opportunities for the club.

I think the management possibly have accepted that the previous model used of trying to build a team and squad slowly with a young manager just will not work in the Premiership and that drastic measures were needed and certainly drastic action has been taken and apparently successfully so and as far as the media are concerned completely unexpectedly so.

The last week has crystalised completely the media viewpoint as Everton as a club... mid table... mediocre.

I think this is a game changer for our club, it will be exciting and there will be bumps on the road and I have no idea where it will take us.

Nice with some optimism. Well done.

I can see it go both ways, very good but also it has the potential to go be Koeman-esque if the new manager acts more like a consultant than a manager. In that case we´ll be back here again in 18 months.

I would guess that fairly quickly we will see three or four senior players being bought to bolster the spine of the squad and I would expect they will all be late twenties or early thirties and on hefty wages.
I would guess we will see far fewer academy players getting first team opportunities unless they are exceptional.
I would guess there will be casualties and that fans may not agree with the incomings or outgoings

That's not a new Everton lol

Be sacked by next Christmas pocket ££££ pay off and be stuck with a 40 year old zlatan on 9 year contract £1m week wages

As good a place as any to make the point that we have to shift away from a team that puts so many unproductive, thoughtless balls into the box (shedloads again today) and develop a game that develops link up play around the box and breaking through the centre of the pitch and unlocking defences that way.

Mix it up, by all means, but we currently rely way too much on pounding the opposition box with crosses and we are one a dimensional attacking force.

I was glad that Ancelotti highlighted that today post match, and I think he'll be looking to balance the way we play a lot more.

Should be interesting to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.